ATF: Cyclone - Gooseneck

Kuhlkent

Just bought a brand new Cyclone 300C two weeks ago and it is back in to fix all of the items on the punchlist after one night of local camping. Most were no big deal other than why you would use plastic anchors on the door to hold up the patio when everything else is metal and that needs to hold perhaps 1000 lbs? My real question is about the gooseneck. My truck already had the gooseneck adaptor built into the bed of the truck. Santa Rosa RV suggested I use the gooseneck rather than the 5th wheel kingpin. I have read numerous things about goosenecks voiding the warranty on many 5th wheels. I asked them about it and they said they had never hear of such a thing. Before I sign my warranty paperwork, I want to know that this is not a problem as I spent almost $1,000 on the assembly. Can you clarify this?
Kent

danemayer

Hi Kuhlkent,

It may be faster to ask this question over the phone. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 with your VIN # to discuss gooseneck use.
There have been some recent posts indicating that the Goosebox is the only gooseneck that's supported by Heartland and Lippert (Lippert makes and provides warranty coverage on the frame).

jbeletti

The Reese Goosebox product is the only gooseneck pinbox that is approved by Lippert and Heartland. It's designed a bit differently than other gooseneck adapters. If this is not the assembly you bought, I'd consider the B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch that will mate to a B&W goosneck ball in the bed.

Jim

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Jim is correct about the Goosebox, that is the only pin box that will not void your warrantee. As far as the clips for the Patio they should be metal clips that you put the cables through.

Eddhuy

Yep, Jim is correct and when I called Heartland, they told me they did not care and to call Lippert directly since it is their frame and they are the ones giving the warranty. when you call Lipert, they will want the VIN and the date of manufacture as found on the placart.