ATF: Cyclone - heaters

ABASLER

I have a 2014 Cyclone 3950 . When I am on battery power only the 12 volt heater works fine . When I start the generator the roof heater comes on. I don't want to use the roof heater because it is to loud. How do I use just the 12 volt heater only?

jimtoo

Hi Abasler,

Sounds to me like the A/C thermostat is in the on position. Does your unit have the heatpump in the a/c? If so it is controlled by the same thermostat as the a/c.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Abasler,

This may be a thermostat setting. I've attached a file that shows operation of one of the possible thermostats. If set to HEAT PUMP mode, the A/C will run in reverse to generate heat as long as outside temp is not below 40 F. If set to FURNACE, the propane/12V furnace will run.

When not plugged into shore power, the A/C / Heat Pump unit doesn't have the 110V power needed for it to run. When the generator starts, it does. I'm not sure how smart the thermostat is, but it may sense the loss of 110V and temporarily shift to furnace mode automatically.

Another control option is to turn off the circuit breaker for the air conditioner.

Attachments

• Dometic Comfort-Control-Center_operation_EN 4.pdf
    111.5 KB · Views: 39

CabinetmakerII

We had the same issue with a different thermostat (Dometic). When cycling through the settings find the AUX mode. That should allow the furnace to run without the AC unit running.

ABASLER

We had the same issue with a different thermostat (Dometic). When cycling through the settings find the AUX mode. That should allow the furnace to run without the AC unit running.
Here is a picture of my thermostat . May they put the wrong one in.

Attachments

• Thermostat.jpg
    Thermostat.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 30

danemayer

Here is a picture of my thermostat . May they put the wrong one in.

Based on your initial description, we've all been assuming your trailer came with Heat Pumps, but I'm wondering if maybe you just have a regular air conditioner. Cycle the mode to FAN and use the + or - buttons to set the FAN MODE to AUTO. If on HIGH or LOW, the A/C blower will run continuously, even when the thermostat is set to FURNACE mode.

If you believe you actually have heat pumps, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Customer Service can review your build information to see if you have heat pumps. If you do, it may be the wrong thermostat.