ATF: Cyclone - Kitchen sink

porthole

Retired
Wondering if you have a sewer hose with a shut-off valve at the end of it. Mine is that way.

View attachment 21601
Product link

You'll connect a garden hose to it to blast up into your sewer pipes/system to dislodge the clog. May be worth a shot. Use a hose other than your fresh water hose as there is likely no back flow preventer on the device.

Personally, I would not want a sewer hose with a valve on the end, but that is my preference. No way would I ever want the possibility of a stinky slinky in need of ...........................

I do use a similar to valve above all the time to visually see the proper movement of waste water and I have in my sanitation tool box a cap for this. That would allow me the ability to really back flush clear water into any of the tanks from this valve. This may help if you have a buildup right behind the valve.

The valve I use does not have the flush adapter permanently attached. I did semi permanently attach just the gate valve and use a 45 degree clear adapter with the flush fitting. Basically the same as above but in two pieces.

Cyclone_water_05.jpg

Just another FYI, the black and gray tank drains are a "self cleaning blade type" device. Meaning that the actual valve is a thin 1.5" or 3" wide knife like blade that moves within a grooved portion of the housing. There are rubber seals on the blade and by keeping the blades open all the time there is a good chance of the rubber drying out a bit making blade movement difficult.

porthole

Retired
In response to a PM.

Pictures of my vacuum breaker under the kitchen sink (another one is in the bathroom sink)

Attachments

• Vac_breaker_00.jpg
    Vac_breaker_00.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Vac_breaker_01.jpg
    Vac_breaker_01.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 33

porthole

Retired
Tanks need to be vented through the roof.

The vacuum breaker is needed to prevent the P-trap from having the water pulled through it when the tank drains are open.
It was just a guess on my part that possibly a stuck valve would cause the sink to drain slowly.