ATF: Cyclone - mishap unhooking

Blummer42

Hello

Bought unit used, mishap unhooking in yard. Cracked fiberglass cover around pin on both sides can I order new cover? thanks hubby left tail gate up. horrible.

danemayer

Hi Blummer42,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You should be able to get a new cover from Heartland Parts. Call Heartland at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

If you're a member of the Heartland Owners Club, you'll get a 10% discount on parts purchases.

kkamshop

Call Heartland Customer Service - you will find contact info under the Portals tab at the top of this page in the column on the left. Have your VIN number when you call.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I was going to order the "filon" from HL. The shipping will kill you. Any RV repair shop can get you one. Problem is....they do not come with all the holes and openings cut in them. You have cut all them yourself.

Diamondjim

I thought that's one of the reasons for J B Weld! I can't live without it.

I made the mistake of putting the padlock on my hitch lever turned up so I could see the key hole...........dah, there is no clearance for my fiberglass cover...thus some good old J B Weld - bingo, good as new.

Dan - will customer service automatically give you your 10% or do you have to ask? I didn't ask, didn't see an invoice, bet I paid full bore on a replacement fender. AND yes the S & H almost double the price. But evidence of blowout damage is non-existent AND GoodSam tire insurance bought me 2 new tires! Check showed up yesterday!

Welcome Blummer42, and good luck!

avvidclif

If you are referring to the cover over the hitch mine has a couple of goobers, one on each side. Hits the side of the bed on sharp backing. I ignore it. If it starts bothering me I'll remove the cover and enjoy the magnificent hitch.... Yeah...

Ladiver

I think that plastic becomes brittle. I have had a few bends in it, due to hitting truck rails. Our last trip out, last week, I had both sides break off large pieces. I will not repair or replace until time to sell, then I may think about it. Probably not replace it, but that is really the only thing not in excellent condition. The Cyclone is 3 years old and doing well, so I can handle a minor blemish in that cover.

123camper

I shaved about 2 1/2 inches off all around mine with my rotor tool. No longer hits my tail gate when I have to use the slider on my hitch or the bed rails when I have to make a sharp turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Domi

I ordered new skirts and I had to ask for the discount. They will not apply it if you do not ask.

John