ATF: Cyclone - Pull down screen on garage

Dober2004

I just picked up our new Cyclone 3100 with the party deck option yesterday. The pull down screen between the party deck and garage will not stay down. It appears as though there are magnets at the bottom of the screen, but there is nothing on the floor for the magnets to catch. Did they forget to install something at the factory? Should my dealer have installed something? Am I missing something?

porthole

Retired
Sounds like someone goofed. There should be two steel discs on the floor that will align with the two magnets on the bottom of the screen.

danemayer

Why don't you call your dealer and ask whether those discs are supposed to be installed locally. Maybe they're in a drawer somewhere in the coach. If they don't know what you're talking about, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Dober2004

My dealer has no idea...lol. I did call Heartland and I am waiting for them to get back to me. We probably have to rig something ourselves.

Dober2004

Heartland was so pleasant and helpful. They did forget to install metal plates in the floor for the magnets to catch on for the screen but they are sending them right out to me. Also had a small chip in the garage table and a replacement is coming for that also. So far, two very minor issues and both being handled! First camping trip in 10 days to shake out any other issues that may be lurking.

MonsterRide

I understand that you did not ask this question, but I thought I would suggest something helpful regarding the screen: I have the 3010 so I hope what I'm suggesting applies.

Our garage screen has a strap that we pull the screen down with. In our model there is the garage tool box within close proximity to where the bottom of the screen attaches to the floor. I like to open the (heavy) tool kit door on the floor and put the end of the screen strap inside using the door to clamp the end of the strap. The reason is that if the screen gets loose from the magnet and flips up un-aided it could break. By clamping the strap this prevents this from happening.

If I confused you I'll be happy to take a picture of what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dober2004

I understand that you did not ask this question, but I thought I would suggest something helpful regarding the screen: I have the 3010 so I hope what I'm suggesting applies.

Our garage screen has a strap that we pull the screen down with. In our model there is the garage tool box within close proximity to where the bottom of the screen attaches to the floor. I like to open the (heavy) tool kit door on the floor and put the end of the screen strap inside using the door to clamp the end of the strap. The reason is that if the screen gets loose from the magnet and flips up un-aided it could break. By clamping the strap this prevents this from happening.

If I confused you I'll be happy to take a picture of what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you. We are actually using that right now to keep the screen down until the metal plates come but I didn't think about using is after the plates were in. Great tip, I think I will keep using it as you suggested.

Dober2004

Got the hardware we needed from Heartland yesterday but no instructions or diagrams. Does anyone have a picture of where/how the metal plates are mounted on the floor?

danemayer

If you attach the plates to the magnets and pull the screen down, would that show you where to mount the plates?