ATF: Cyclone - Removing 40" TV

scottyb

I had a Dish tech out today to install a satellite receiver in our 2013 4100K. The HDMI port (all the ports) is on the back of the TV and cannot be reached. i called the dealer and he said there are two straps to be pulled to release it. However the TV is mounted so close to the hearth, you can't reach your fingers under it to pull the releases. I can only get my fingers under it to the 1st knuckles, let alone reach behind it to pull the straps. Any ideas how to remove the TV and solve this issue for the future. i need the ports to be accessible, when needed. I have only had the unit for two weeks.

jbeletti

Scottyb,

I am not familiar with your unit, but have an idea. Look across the top of the TV. Is there a small piece of wood there? Something like a 1"x1" cleat that is screwed into place?

This is used for several Heartland models. By removing that cleat, the TV is able to be lifted up and off its mount.

scottyb

Jim, I will check it out when I get home tonight. I will follow-up afterwards. Thanks for the input.

scottyb

Still no luck removing the TV. It is impossible, I think. Can't believe they would make something so non-serviceable. I can't even got to the HDMI ports to plug in my satelite receiver. I can't stand the thought of towing it 80 mi r/t to get the dealer to do something so rudimentary. If I ever get it off, the bracket is going to get replaced with something more usefuil. I can't even see any sign of the straps hanging behind it that was described to me by the dealer.

jbeletti

Scotty,

Call Heartland Customer Service first thing in the morning at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN ready. Ask them how to remove it. Listen carefully and compare what you are hearing with what you saw yourself. If what you are being told is not accurate for your coach, ask the advisor to contact the plant and call you back with the answer.

scottyb

Thank you. That's a great idea. I will give it a try. I am hoping that is something so simple, that I don't have to change it because it certainly isn't going anywhere.

71stang99

I dont know if your setup is similiar to my TV in the 300c, if so you can search my issues with removing the TV for access and better viewing.

scottyb

I dont know if your setup is similiar to my TV in the 300c, if so you can search my issues with removing the TV for access and better viewing.

Reading that thread, mine is a little different. It appears that there are two set screws on the bottom of the bracket, but no way to easile access them. The line-up holes come through the solid surface mantle above the fire place and have to be accessed from behind the wall. That means removing the fire place. I haven't gotten that far yet. There is really no way to get a bit behind the TV from the bottom or the sides. Not enough clearance for your flattened hand to get to it, let alone to grip and turn a tool. Pretty disappointing.

alaska dodge

Scotty's,
pm me you phone number I will give you a call. I now how to remove the tv, I just ran 2 hdmi cables from my tv to above the microwave along with a coax cable. My tv has 2 hdmis on the side and some on the rear.

Bill

danemayer

Scotty's,
pm me you phone number I will give you a call. I now how to remove the tv, I just ran 2 hdmi cables from my tv to above the microwave along with a coax cable. My tv has 2 hdmis on the side and some on the rear.

Bill

Bill, if you can post a picture or two with commentary, I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the effort.

scottyb

Bill, thanks for that. I missed this topic yesterday. I was pretty sure the lineup holes were accessed through the fireplace. Just didn't know how to go about it. I talked to Brandon at HL CS, and he said there should have been a 9" long allen wrench in our delivery packets. I never received one. He said he would mail one to me but I have not received it yet.

My TV is a Magnavox. I can't tell from your photo, are the HDMI ports facing the back or on the side of your TV. They are definitely facing the rear on mine. I have managed to pull a Houdini and after about 30 mins of sweat, managed to plug one HDMI Cable in with my fingertips. Are you planning to leave the same TV mount, or are you going to look for one that is more user friendly? I had considered the latter but haven't found what i am looking for.

Also, I will PM you my phone number. I am very interested in how you ran the HDMI cables to the DVD above the microwave.

P0NYLX

can you please help How in the world did you run the two HDMI cables to sony unit up above the microwave
laura

jimtoo

Hi PONYLX, laura,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully someone that has done that will jump in soon with an answer for you.

Enjoy the forum and your Cyclone.

Jim M

alaska dodge

Laura,
sorry for the late response, PM me your number and I can call and explain. I ran 2 HDMI's and 1 HD coax. It took me 2 days. It is easier to explain over the phone than type. One of these days when I get a chance I will post some pics and instructions.

bill

Scottyb, we also have a 2013 Cyclone 4100, did you ever find out how to get the TV off the rack. We also called Heartland & the dealership, they said the same thing about the chain (straps). We are having a problem with getting our dish connected. Linda