ATF: Cyclone - Water Tanks

rocrider50

Are there separate fills for the two water tanks on my unit? I see that I have 100 gallons of water and it is in two tanks. When I fill on the input to tank does it fill both? It seemed to fill fast for 100 gallons? and the one overflow (appears to be two white overflows dumping by main stairs) dumped quickly but the second never appeared to come out but then there was water everywhere from under the unit, coming from the under belly shield. Is there a cross over that is not working?

Lynn1130

What year and model do you have?

If like mine there are two tanks connect by one hose between them. One fill. Just a warning, do not put the hose in and turn it on full blast. You will over expand the tank which can result in leaks at the crossover and/or pop the straps holding the tanks. Take your time filling and this little item is helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/P3-P0550-Wat...F8&qid=1491869959&sr=8-5&keywords=water+meter

When full the meter registers 114 gals on mine. Tanks, water heater and lines.

LBR

What Lynn 1130 said...

There is a (too small) crossover line between the 2 tanks...If you fill too fast, one tank will be full but water won't transfer as quickly to the second one. You won't have a full 100 gallons if you hurry it thru, let along bloating it and causing damage.

rocrider50

So.......I filled it slowly and eventually the second overflow line started to pore out. Thanks for the advice, both are finally full. But.... water pored out from under the trailer the whole time from the crossover line? So I need to drop the under belly cover and repair the crossover?

Lynn1130

While you have it apart you might consider replacing the cheapo composite board with 3/4 ply. If it has been leaking for any time that board is going to be questionable.

rocrider50

While you have it apart you might consider replacing the cheapo composite board with 3/4 ply. If it has been leaking for any time that board is going to be questionable.
What board are you referring to? The under belly pan is a corrugated plastic?

Lynn1130

The tanks sit on two sheets of a particle board wood that is 1/2 thick. If it gets wet it can get a little iffy as to whether it will hold together. That is all covered by the underbelly cover I think you are referring to.

porthole

Retired
OP - you may find with your two tanks a 1.5" hose between them, about the center of the length and 2" up from the bottom.
You may also vent a total of 3 vent lines, 2 on the tank that is getting filled and one on the slave tank.

The venting is why you have to go a bit slower then you would think.

And, it is not unusual for either the fill hose or vent lines to have low spots that hold water and limit the water in - air out.

rocrider50

Solved, second fix in the belly of the beast. Small leak on hose between the two water tanks. Persurized to the overflows it leaked a bit. There were also 4 overflow drains two on both sides. The two on the drivers side was poorly routed and dumped water into the frame and under the belly pan. Fixed both and all is well with the leaking beast. Also took the time to put corrugated wire wrap on all the exposed wire and rub points for the hydraulic and water lines.

I also put an angle iron on both ends of the board that holds the tank, it bowed quite a bit when full of water. Not sure the durability of the particle board bowing like that.

Thanks for all the help guys, as usual you all sped along the solution. THANKS.

Last edited: