ATF: Gateway - WATER HEATER BYPASS VALVE 3650BH

We picked up our new 2015 3650bh in feb and have started to de-winterize it. The owners manual is very vague about this model and i have a couple of simple questions. I have figured out most of the switches on the panel but there are 3 that i am not sure about. The white one on top that says remote on/off seems to momentary contact, the 2 above the slide out control, one with a red light and the other just says on off. Also, how do i control the on/off of the small fridge in the outdoor kitchen. It seems to be on all the time and no control inside of it. Last but not least how do i access the bypass valve on the water heater so i can de-winterize it? I appreciate any and all info. Since moving up from our 28 foot outback tag trailer to this, we are very excited to get this rig out and play with it.

danemayer

Re: New owner and member

Hi KUSTONCARWIZ,

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have some owner-written user guides that supplement the Heartland manual. The Water Systems Guide includes a lot of useful information including instructions on winterizing and de-winterizing. The water heater bypass valves (2 types) are illustrated. If your 3650BH is a Gateway, I suspect you may have the type where you have to take down the rear wall of the storage area on the off-door-side to get to the valves.

As for your question about switches, hopefully another 3650BH owner can chime in. If not, a picture of the control panel would be helpful. As a new member of the forum, you may not be able to post pictures until after you've had a couple of posts approved. Posting the pics to an external site and linking to them would work for now.

I have located the bypass valve on the back of my water heater thru the access panel in the storage area. There is one for the cold and one for the hot. There is a valve in between the hot and cold. Should this be closed for operation? I assume the other 2 valves should be open to fill and operate the heater.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You are correct.
The cold and hot water valves should be open and the valve between them should be closed for normal operation.

Peace
Dave

Bones

The switch with the light should be for the tank heaters. The switch above that I think is the switch for the awning light. The outdoor fridge is on all the time. That is like a bar fridge and does not get as cold as the main fridge. The white switch should be your inverter if you have a residential fridge. Push it to on and hold until you hear a beep and the green light goes on.