ATF: Greystone - waste water at the main connection pipe

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A wrap or two of Rescue Tape would probably hold it on, too. I'm always leary of drilling holes in molded plastic parts, especially if they can be stressed.

bowhunt73

All,

Looking at the Valterra twist on valve...is it safe to travel with that on the end of the sewer line? Seems the device will catch some wind turbulence and possibly fall off.

My luck the environmental police would be right behind me when it happens:)

BigIron,

What model is your Greystone? The reason that I ask is that I'm having the same issue with Grey 1 reading 1/3 after I drain. It's not the sensor since I can drain the rest of the water out using the crown on the street in front of my house and then the meter reads empty. I'm not talking about just a little water. Hearland told me that it takes 5 gallons to make the meter read 1/3. I haven't tested that yet. I'm working with General RV and Heartland. You will always have residual water in your tanks. Heartland has provided me a method on how to drain residual water from each tank for Winter or just fill it with a bunch of pink stuff.

Back to topic....Heartland agrees that I have excessive water more than just residual. I have a diagram from them with our tank layout. At least for the 33CK. PM me and I'll give you the whole story. Which tank is reading 1/3? Your sensor could be the issue, but mine isn't. All there ideas above are great, but I'm one who needs to know exactly what is going on. My cap is alway dry when I open it. I did have two bad seals from the factory BTW. There are all kinds of plastic particles from the building process being flushed through these tanks. Open your facet screens and you will see what I'm talking about.

Basically my tanks have drains towards the back of the tank and some have them towards the front. The tanks can swell and become flat which doesn't allow all the water to collect and drain out that hole. Depending on each tank (hole location) you have to tip your unit up or down for the the water to collect and drain depending on each tank in the diagram.

Once my issue is fully resolved I will post. I will be taking it in August for my follow up.

Randall

GOTTOYS

My twist on valve has been there for 11,000 plus miles. Not even loose. You could glue it or even a wrap of Gorilla tape might make you feel better...Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My valve was hit by some road debris and knocked off. We left DNA for 300 miles. I put the new one on with "blue glue".