ATF: Landmark - HDMI plug in

dana22

What is the HDMI hook up in the wall behind the living room tv used for in the 2016 Landmark Ashland?

danemayer

Hi dana22,

Your living room TV probably has at least 2 HDMI inputs. There's probably a BluRay player above or next to the TV. It would be using one of the TV's HDMI inputs. The extra HDMI connector on the sidewall is for whatever you want. One common use is to connect a satellite receiver to the TV.

danemayer

If your receiver has an HDMI connector, you need only purchase an HDMI cable and connect one end to the receiver and the other to the wall. Then on the TV menu, you have to select the correct input.

dana22

So I would plug the HDMI cable coming from the sat box into the HDMI outlet in the wall and the sat receiver will come on the tv when the tv is set on HDMI?

danemayer

Yes. But, keep in mind that there is usually more than one HDMI input. So on the TV menu, you have to select which HDMI you want to view. Your TV may only have 2. One for the BluRay and the other which will now be for satellite.

dana22

Yes, that's how it is. I just keep wondering how this works without a HDMI cable going directly to the back of the tv. Guess there is some sort of jumper cable in there. I don't want the cable to be visible either. It will be visible when it is taken down to the HDMI jack behind the tv as there is no hole to run the cable through. What are the HDMI hook ups up in the cabinet used for?

Last edited:

danemayer

The factory installs an HDMI cable from the back side of the wall plate to the TV. That's so you can plug in the satellite receiver without having to take the TV off its mount.