ATF: Landmark - Inactive light

richheck

Seasoned Member
I can not find the switch to activate this light in my 2017 LM365 Arlington. It is located at the start of the entry to the bedroom, just over the coat closet. I have tried all wall switches in the main panel, bedroom, desk area and bathroom. Put meter on wires, no power at any time.

Attachments

• IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Many of the 5th-wheelers have a light switch near the floor by the entrance door (usually on the face plate of the bottom step to the bedroom or right inside the door on the wall) so you can turn a light on inside before entering the trailer.

Look for something like that . . .

danemayer

I can not find the switch to activate this light in my 2017 LM365 Arlington. It is located at the start of the entry to the bedroom, just over the coat closet. I have tried all wall switches in the main panel, bedroom desk area and bathroom. Put meter on wires, no power at any time.

Looks like the aisle light over the stairs going up to the bedroom. When you tried all the switches in the control panel, did each one operate something? Any non-functional? Have you checked the fusebox for a blown fuse?

I'm surprised no other Arlington owners have jumped in. But you can always call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Probably closed for the holiday today.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
We don't have a Landmark but in our Bighorn the switch is under the thermostat on the wall next to our bathroom door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member
Pulled the three closest puck LEDs and checked for wire colors, bedroom ceiling led lights (2) over the exit window were white with a pink chaser, desk ceiling led (1) wires were white with a black chaser, entry (welcome back) ceiling led (1) was white with a green chaser, stairway led (1) that i can't locate the switch is white with a brown chaser. Was hoping that one of the other lights were of the same color telling me that the light in question was not connected.

Any other ideas?

danemayer

in the doorside living room slide, next to the entry door, you may have a couple of switches. Have you tried them?

richheck

Seasoned Member
Yes Dan turned on all wall switches except bathroom and nose closet,being both of these areas are separated by the bedroom. No power to light with all of these switches on. That's when I pulled the other lights to get the wire colors. The LM365's have the welcome light connected to the entry light, tried these also with door open and closed. The two wall switches you mentioned are for the slide awning led strip and overhead dinette light. Called the factory this morning, waiting on a reply from,one of the engineers.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Look down by the floor around the entrance door for a couple of light switches . . .

mlpeloquin

Have you looked at the light after you open and close your entrance/exit door. We have one that turns on every time we open and close our door. No wall switch so it must only work with the door. After looking at your layout, it is in a perfect location for putting away a jacket after coming in.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Well, got a reply from Heartland engineers, was told that the switch that should control the inactive light is the switch for the ceiling light over the desk area. Pulled wall switch and overhead light to look for white wire with brown tracer, no wires. Guess my best bet would be to try and fish a wire pair to/from the "welcome" entry light being it is the closest and most logical light to work with. Any suggestions on how to route a wire pair through the solid foam ceiling material?

danemayer

Guess my best bet would be to try and fish a wire pair to/from the "welcome" entry light being it is the closest and most logical light to work with. Any suggestions on how to route a wire pair through the solid foam ceiling material?

The welcome home light controller powers the entry light when its switch is OFF and the door is open. If you tie into that circuit, the hall light will operate when the entry light does.

But one unknown is how much power the control module provides. I'm not positive, but I think it may only support 5 amps at 12V, or 60 watts. If the lights are LEDs, you may be ok.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Yes Dan the lights are LEDs, just need to figure how to route power through the solid ceiling material to the inactive light. DW thinks it would be best to just leave light inactive vs chancing a mishap in attempting to route wires to light.

danemayer

You might take a peek behind the fuse box and also behind the control panel to see if maybe the wires were mis-routed and left hanging back there.

'Lil Guy'

My closet and hall lights had no power on our new BH. With help at a rally, we pulled the 12 volt fuse panel off and one wire to the fuse had come off. We crimped it a bit and plugged it back in and frustration is over. The fuse panel cover lists the circuits to identify the proper fuse location. Such an easy check and could solve your problems.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Dan and Frank, thank you for your suggestions, being factory stated the light should be controlled by the desk wall switch I didn't try the master wall switch bank and fuse panel. I went ahead and tried your suggestions but no luck. Guess I will just live with the inactive light till I get brave enough to try and tackle drilling to the entry light to pull the necessary wires

A big thanks you to all for your suggestions.

jbeletti

Rich - are you saying that the inactive light DOES have wires connecting to it but the switch that is supposed to control the light has NO wires connected to it? Just want to verify this.

If there are other switches next to or near the switch for this light, can you pull them off the wall to determine how the wires are routed (up or down)?

Wondering if the wires for this switch are "in the wall"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Rich, looking at your picture I assume you have a Newport model? Does your switch panel have switch labeled "Entry". Yours is a 2017 BH3575el which I hear comes down the same production line and the entry light was confusing at first. It comes on with the door opens and stays on for a few seconds after the door is closed. The "Entry" switch in the panel over rides the door switch and leaves the light on.

Given that it is a new trailer, have your dealer find out why it is not working correctly. We do have another light in that area the has a switch near the thermostat. The switch in the front of the lower step turns on the light behind the outside entry steps. If you do have a switch labeled "Entry" is it turning anything on? If not check for 12 volts at the switch. If the switch is working correctly, I would suspect the light fixture or last mile wiring to it.

As a side note, I have learned to feel for the entry light switch in the dark inside the panel. Second switch in on the right on lower row. Click that and now I can see and read the labels on the other switches. Not sure why they feel that so many switches have to be hidden behind a door!!!! Chris

richheck

Seasoned Member
Jim:

The inactive ceiling light is fed by a white with brown chaser wire, the factory states the light should be controlled by the wall switch that also controls the ceiling light over the desk area (Arlington floor plan). That light (ceiling desk) is fed by a white with black chaser (viewed at desk ceiling light and switch) with no white with brown chaser wire visible . Only place I can see the white with brown chaser wire is at the connection with the inactive light. My only other thought is that maybe the white with brown chaser for the inactive light was to be fed to the desk wall switch from below. When I get a chance to empty the bay storage area ( I'm installing a morride sliding tray) I will pull down the rear partition an see if the white with brown chaser wire is being fed up that wall where the desk switch is. Thanks for the come back.