ATF: Landmark - Inactive light

richheck

Seasoned Member
Snoking, it is an Arlington floor plan, very similar to the Newport except no 1/2 bath room (wall desk instead). I was hoping the inactive ceiling light was to be fed by the "welcome back " entry light switch. Called the factory and was informed by an engineer that the inactive ceiling light should be fed by the wall switch that controls the ceiling light over that desk area, that's why I pulled the wall switch and dropped the ceiling light over the desk area to check for the white with brown chaser wire. The ceiling light over the desk and associated switch are connected by a white with black wire with no white with brown wire visible.

SNOKING

Snoking, it is an Arlington floor plan, very similar to the Newport except no 1/2 bath room (wall desk instead). I was hoping the inactive ceiling light was to be fed by the "welcome back " entry light switch. Called the factory and was informed by an engineer that the inactive ceiling light should be fed by the wall switch that controls the ceiling light over that desk area, that's why I pulled the wall switch and dropped the ceiling light over the desk area to check for the white with brown chaser wire. The ceiling light over the desk and associated switch are connected by a white with black wire with no white with brown wire visible.

So what does the Entry light switch control, another light inside the door? Do you have a light that comes on with the door open?

So it appears that they did not hide all your switches behind a door. The light you pictured appears to be similar to my upper hall light that is on a switch by it's self under the thermostat.

Do you have the bottom right switch in this picture? What does it control? And it appears that they brought your switches all out in the open!!!! Chris

phoca_thumb_l_2016%20LM%20Arlington%2012.jpg

richheck

Seasoned Member
Entry light switch controls the inside entry light above the entry door, light is activated buy wall switch or opening entry door (welcome back feature). Light in question is directly above steps leading to bed and bathroom. Bottom (small) switch activates the small lights on bottom of kitchen island, two on left side of bedroom steps and one as your picture shows on lower section of bathroom counter. Single switch above the EMS activates the strip lights in the counters behind the dinette, stove, and on sides of couch. Yes, all controls are in the open, don't have to turn on any lights to read labels except at night.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Rich I'm still out of town on this job up north, should be back next week. I'm sure between the two of use we can solve the mystery. I've learned a lot about how Landmark wired these things after all of the wiring I've done. We'll track it down.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Thanks Jerod, stay up there as long as this heat hangs around here, cloudy and muggy today. Bet it's a lot nicer up there.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Took the time today to remove partition wall in storage bay to examine the wall for the switch to activate to ceiling light over the desk area. No sign of the necessary white with brown chaser wire that goes to the ceiling light over the stairs leading to the bedroom that the factory states should be controlled by the wall switch over the desk area. Also took time to examine wire loom in that area and had no luck locating a white with brown chaser wire leading to nowhere. Any suggestions as to how to run a pair of wires from the welcome entry light to the inactive ceiling light in question?

danemayer

The Welcome Back Light control module is often located behind that wall, within a few feet of the entry door. If you want to pick up power, that's one possible place to do so. The white wire coming off the module (far left of 4 wires) is the one you want if you want the hallway light to do the same thing the entry light does.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Rich If there are wires at that light I'm sure we'll figure out where they go too, just be patient. LOL
I'll be home soon

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited: