ATF: Landmark - seven pin trailer cable

MC9

Re: ATF: Landmark - seven pin tailer cable

I ran my cord under the tailgate, after it attempted to rub a hole in the tailgate. I put an extension inside the box on the new truck. I have a bedliner.

MTPockets

I would like to apologize for assuming this is an “Landmark-Ask The Factory” thread. I further apologize for posting a trivial question to the factory that some find irrelevant and does not fit their understanding of why the factory does certain things. I certainly ask forgiveness and hope to gain respect from other owners in the future who think I was out of line for asking stupid and trivial questions of the factory representatives.

dave10a has a point regarding the 'name' of this forum = "Ask The Factory" ..... When I first joined last fall I had questions and found the "Ask the Factory" section, so i asked and didn't get a reply except from other HOC members... Maybe the name of the forum is mis-leading...............?

TedS

I too would like to know why The Factory seldom responds to ATF questions.

Re the cord, mine reaches the bumper connector. To prevent rubbing the tailgate use a bungy cord from the pin box.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

We have been on this forum for a long time and have posted questions in the Ask the Factory section too. We have found the factory does not respond as often to the Landmark section as they do to the Road Warrior and Cyclone sections. I think it must be the person at the factory who monitors that particular sections. They seem to be more responsive to the RW and Cyclone areas. Also for some reason they seem to not respond if the question has been answered by other members. But I did not find your question out of line.

TedS

It would be good if the Factory responded with a 'We agree.' even when cutomers answer the posted question. Just a demonstration that they do note the question and care that the question is answered. How much time would it take to possibly respond " We intended Landmark 7-pin cords be attached to a connector installed in the truck box." instead of ignoring the question no matter how many customers answer with their particular solution.

jimtoo

The factory reps normally do not respond on weekends.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I would like to apologize for assuming this is an “Landmark-Ask The Factory” thread. I further apologize for posting a trivial question to the factory that some find irrelevant and does not fit their understanding of why the factory does certain things. I certainly ask forgiveness and hope to gain respect from other owners in the future who think I was out of line for asking stupid and trivial questions of the factory representatives.
Dave, you don't need to apologize for anything, nor do you need to ask forgiveness.
It has been mentioned that the factory does not work weekends. And I would guess that the forum is not high on the list of prioritys on a Monday morning.
This forum is here as a convenience for all owners and non owners alike to help an learn from others.

Peace
Dave

K

karykatz

We will look into length of the cable. This is the first we have heard this issue. Most 5th wheel owners have the additional plug installed in bed when they have hitch installed.

dave10a

We will look into length of the cable. This is the first we have heard this issue. Most 5th wheel owners have the additional plug installed in bed when they have hitch installed.

Are you saying you only cater to people with in-bed connectors or are you saying I simply got cable that was too short and you will send me one of the correct length.
The dealer never mention in bed connects availability to me, if they had I would have had them install that connector in the bed. Now that I am on the road it is most inconvenient to have another plug installed, and I have discovered that this is a real problem while backing. I think Landmark should provide the a cable 1-2 feet longer so people don't get an unpleasant surprise because the dealer is not working in the customers best interests. To me it is a nickle dime issue that is darn right irritating. How do you folks select you dealers in the first place, so far I am not impressed..

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Well Dave, Kary answered your question. My thoughts are that you should be mad a Camping World. My dealer drilled the hole and supplied the in bed plug with the hitch at no cost to me. Please dont take offense to this....but maybe you should have asked the question about this on this forum or from other 5th wheel owners before you left the dealer with your cord hanging over the tailgate. All this is assuming that you have never had a 5th wheel trailer before. The over the tailgate thing is very unsafe in my view.

Instead of airing all of this here....measure the cord you have and call HL service and ask them how long the cord SHOULD be. If somehow its IS TOOO short they will send you one....or have a dealer somewhere in your travels install one.

BTW, HL can't control a dealers stupid moves.

dave10a

Well Dave, Kary answered your question.
BTW, HL can't control a dealers stupid moves.

Well He is suppose to get back to us with his finding. Also I expect the manufacturer to help soften dealer incompetence and lack of service motivation. At leas t I did when I was dealing with the public as a manufacturer that had errant dealers. Sevice at all levels is the name of the game and certainly produces a brighter future and profit.

CliffP

Hi Dave,
Sorry you're having so many problems. IMO (for what it's worth) Camping World is at fault here. They had a chance to see your set up and make sure it was right, Heartland didn't. I would give Kary a chance to cater to you. It might be possible for them to work with Camping World to fix your problems (and make you happy). I am far from a patient person myself but I've learned to be when I have to be. Anyway, I hope things get straightened out for you, and I hope we can talk about some good things on this forum soon!
Cliff

justme

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. It is a small issue, but important to the extent of how it is handled.