ATF: North Trail - EZ Lube Axles?

This may have been asked before, but does anyone know if the 2009 northtrails have EZ lube axles? I have a 22FDS and would love to complete this myself, but the trailer is currently in storage and I haven't had the chance to go check it out. Thanks. I attached a pic of one of the wheels.

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 83

dbbls59

If I were you I would not use the EZ lube even if I had it. Way too easy to get grease on the brakes. My Big Country even had grease on the brakes from the factory. I would hand pack the bearings and forget about the EZ lube.

RuralPastor

This may have been asked before, but does anyone know if the 2009 northtrails have EZ lube axles? I have a 22FDS and would love to complete this myself, but the trailer is currently in storage and I haven't had the chance to go check it out. Thanks. I attached a pic of one of the wheels.

My 2011 did...until...

In case anyone was wondering, they are EZ-lube axles. I verified this while repacking the bearings this weekend. I referenced this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ndN_9NQL4

It worked well and was a clean and easy job to complete. It took about an hour to do. I used Mobil-1 full synthetic grease to replace the old stuff. Parts cost me about $100. I bought a 12 ton bottle jack, grease gun, and grease. The local rv dealer where I bought my North Trail in 2009 charges $200 for the job. My equipment paid itself off in the first greasing!

RuralPastor

In case anyone was wondering, they are EZ-lube axles. I verified this while repacking the bearings this weekend. I referenced this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ndN_9NQL4

It worked well and was a clean and easy job to complete. It took about an hour to do. I used Mobil-1 full synthetic grease to replace the old stuff. Parts cost me about $100. I bought a 12 ton bottle jack, grease gun, and grease. The local rv dealer where I bought my North Trail in 2009 charges $200 for the job. My equipment paid itself off in the first greasing!

Smart move (doing it by hand)!

Go Huskers.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
In the video, it said it was about a tube per wheel. Is that about what you used?

I went through 3 tubes. Some of the axles did not take as long to pump out the old stuff. I continued to pump out the old grease until it was only new red grease coming out. That was how I gauged it.