Concerned

jennyp225

Hi everyone. I am a new owner of a 2024 Heartland North Trail. I haven’t even taken possession of the trailer and there are already heater and electrical issues. I’m concerned I didn’t make the right purchase. I’m not new to RV’s and I know that some have issues to get through but I haven’t even taken passion of it yet. I asked if they could just swap it out for another unit on the lot as I have no faith in this one now and very concerned about issues down the road. I’m sure this will be a no. I’m so disappointed in the whole thing and beside myself for the money I invested in all of this. I don’t know what to do.

Hi everyone. I am a new owner of a 2024 Heartland North Trail. I haven’t even taken possession of the trailer and there are already heater and electrical issues. I’m concerned I didn’t make the right purchase. I’m not new to RV’s and I know that some have issues to get through but I haven’t even taken passion of it yet. I asked if they could just swap it out for another unit on the lot as I have no faith in this one now and very concerned about issues down the road. I’m sure this will be a no. I’m so disappointed in the whole thing and beside myself for the money I invested in all of this. I don’t know what to do.
What model did you get and what are the issues? Were they found by the dealer prior to your PDI visit or ? I have a 2023 NT 21RBSS and have found it to be very well and thoughtfully built unit. I've had one issue (blowing a fuse on my vehicle) but it's been fixed and/or may have been an issue on the vehicle side. Due to my distance from a dealer, Heartland authorized a mobile tech to fix it and simply mailed me a check.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you haven't taken possession yet what kind of electrical issues are you having?

Peace
Dave

RoadJunkie

I hope they have a good inventory, because if you try to find one without problems you'll go through the whole lot. Eventually, you just dance with the one you brought or, in this case, bought.

jennyp225

What model did you get and what are the issues? Were they found by the dealer prior to your PDI visit or ? I have a 2023 NT 21RBSS and have found it to be very well and thoughtfully built unit. I've had one issue (blowing a fuse on my vehicle) but it's been fixed and/or may have been an issue on the vehicle side. Due to my distance from a dealer, Heartland authorized a mobile tech to fix it and simply mailed me a check.
It’s a 2024 25RBP. Right before we arrived to pick it up they turned on the heater again and it was making a pound noise so they exchanged the heater with another trailer on the lot. Then during our inspection and walk through it would go on then immediately turn off. We left it there for them to figure out what was going on. They called and said they needed a new sensor and put that in. Had it running for a few hours to make sure it was working right but then all the electric went out. At this time they do not know why the electric isn’t working in the whole trailer. I had mentioned during them during the walk through that the heater was drawing power from the lights because they were dimming whenever the bad heater was trying to run. Now they asked us to pick it up after the holiday. They will have had the thing for a month. I have my first payment next week and I have been paying my storage fee for it for November and haven’t stored it. I’m thinking someone owes me at least the first payment and storage fee back. I’m not even sure if there is another exact unit on the lot to change out but I thought I would ask.

sengli

The lights were dimming cause the heater was drawing down the +12 volts. I hope your handy, because thats what owning any RV calls for. I would be very hesitant to take possession if this is still flaky. Any electrical issues could be very dangerous.

Attachments

• 20231103_145038.jpg
    20231103_145038.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

jennyp225

The lights were dimming cause the heater was drawing down the +12 volts. I hope your handy, because thats what owning any RV calls for. I would be very hesitant to take possession if this is still flaky. Any electrical issues could be very dangerous.
That is my concern with electrical issues. My BF is very handy. There’s a 45 day issue policy they notified me of. When we went back after the recent fix it looks that it’s taken care of. Turned out to be 2 blown fuses. The heater works now as well. We will be watching everything closely. I’ll take it back with issues up to the 45 days but after that we plan to go someplace else for repairs. I don’t trust the knowledge of the people at the place we bought it. Telling me they need weeks to find an electrical problem and never bothered to check the fuses is not ok.