ATF: North Trail - TV sound through receiver speakers

I have a 2014 21FBS travel trailer. The unit came with a Jensen AWM965 receiver/dvd player and a GPX 23" TE2382B TV. I have not been able to amplify the sound of the tv through the speakers of the unit. I know the tv has red/white/yellow rca type output connected to the only rca plug on the Jensen unit. When I play a dvd sound is heard in all unit spearks.
Any way to do it?

danemayer

Hi ReyMartinez,

Looking at the GPX manual, it shows 2 audio OUTPUTS: a headphone connector and an Optical Audio Output connector. Optical Audio Output can be in 2 flavors - Optical TOS or Coaxial Audio (which looks like an RCA connector). It doesn't show RCA audio output connectors. You may currently be hooked up to the TV INPUT.

The Jensen manual shows 2 auxilliary audio INPUTS: a headphone type of connector, and RCA Audio RED/WHITE connectors.

The best solution is to use the Optical Audio OUTPUT from the TV to the RCA audio INPUT on the Surround Sound. But you'll need the right cables and a converter to change the optical audio to analog.

The good news is that we have an owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide that will help you match the connectors to the right cables and converter.