ATF: Sundance - Black tank flush 571 check valve

Hi there- I have determined that the 571 plastic check valve/atmospheric valve has malfunctioned in that no water will enter the tank as it once did while flushing it out from the outside. I called the manufacturer, B&B Molders and they are sending me a new valve. Problem is, I cannot locate the valve in the coach. I called Heartland C/S and they suggested looking in an access panel in the shower as that is where they are located. Problem is I do not have an access panel there on my '08 2900RK Sundance. Can you tell me exactly where this valve is located on my coach and how to access it?

jcarnevale

The following link may help. The Elk Ridge comes off the same assembly line.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/24143-ATF-Elk-Eagle-Ridge-Check-Valve-on-Blackwater-Flush

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you do not have the round, white inspection port in your shower stall, remove the basement panels and follow the PEX line from the UDC. You should be able to locate where it goes up into the wall. It may also have been installed up in the wall behind the toilet and no where near the inspection port (like mine). Another good location indicator is the position of the converter. They seem to like installing it directly under that valve (like mine).

Ideally, it would be set up something like this BC under construction. You can see the valve at the top of the blue water line.

View attachment 23769

Netem

On my 08 2900MK i have an access panel under the TV on the wall that would be the back of the shower. Just a small piece of matching paneling tacked on the wall. That said I think that I was told the valve was behind the toilet like John said. When I had the wall down in the basement I could see water lines running up behind the toilet so thinking the valve is sitting on top of one of those lines. Hope this helps.

johnf

I have an 09 2900mk6 with the same problem. When mains is connected to flush the tank, water runs out the hole where the two pipes go up the wall behind the toilet to the check valve. The problem is, how do we access this valve to fix the problem ??

Is this check valve a non-return valve ? Could the pipes be cut where they go up the wall and a non return valve fitted there ? Why is it located so high up the wall ?

HappyKayakers

I'm not sure of the layout for the Sundance but on my BH, I can access that valve by removing my fire extinguisher, then unscrewing and removing the plastic molded housing for the extinguisher. That allows me access to the area behind the toilet. There was a slight problem the first time I did this because the lines just under the valve were wrapped in a carpet remnant and stapled to the nearest piece of wood so the valve wouldn't droop. I've heard that the valves are so high due to code (has to be higher than highest existing water line?).

jnbhobe

I cut the valve out of mine. Did I say that. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2