ATF: Sundance - EDPM Roof Stains

In my first year of ownership my EPDM roof was replaced under warranty due to apparent damage from the Dometic A/C unit. The Dometic A/C was also replaced. I was very pleased with the response from Heartland, Dometic and the dealer. My problem is that approx. 1 year later, I have what appears to be similar roof stains coming from the A/C unit. My 2011 Sundance 32FK is stored inside in winter, and in the sun in summer.

The stains do not appear to be from the environment and are specific to the side of the A/C unit running to the curb side of the trailer in a path about 6" wide.

I was concerned that the cleaner I use on the roof could be an issue. I use Spic & Span liquid and sometimes dishwashing liquid. Help, could we be losing the roof again?! I'm looking for a reason for these concentrated dark stains other than a bad A/C unit. The rest of the roof looks great. How can I make sure the roof is protected?

I've had 2 other new units in the last 12 years with no problems. I'm a new user here, so I can't attach pictures. Thanks for reading!

jimtoo

Hi Brian and Deana,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I have stains on my roof coming from a/c, looks like rusty water stains. Have not had a problem and mine is 4 years old. If you could post a picture or two it would help. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

sjs731

I have what I would call rust stains too. No big deal. I assume they are normal.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Stains here also, it's normal..... condensate uses the roof as a draining path.
I'm not sure Spic&Span should be used on the roof, car wash soap or deluted Dawn works great.

Thanks for the feedback. I would not be concerned if my previous Forest River units had done this. As a new user I still cannot post any pics. I'm in communication with Dometic, and will be sending them additional pictures shortly. I just can't believe that I got 2 bad A/C units. I'm wondering if this unit has a low area around the A/C that allows the water to pool and dirt to collect. Makes me nervous.....