ATF: Sundance - TV backer board location

We have a 2014 Sundance 3000CK. In the bedroom, there is a TV connection in the ceiling just inside the entry door. I am trying to locate a TV backer board to mount the TV. The dealership told me where they thought it was located but after 2 holes in the wall, no backer board.

danemayer

Someone with a SD 3000CK may know the answer and chime in. If not, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

P

Paul.craven

I have sent this question to engineering, I will reply back as soon as I have an answer.

Tundra2084

Good luck with the backer board. We have a 2012 Sundance 3200RE and we're told there should have been one above the window over the dresser. We were told this by the dealer we bought it from. Because we were unable to find it we called heartland with our vin# and were told that there was NO backer board installed in the walls. We had to attach the TV to an arm, attached to the closet wall header. Good luck and I hope that you are able to get the help you are looking for.

SMinter

For the Sundance XLT 285 ts, I was able to remove the TV outlet to get access to the wall space and measure over to the backer board. Still had to guess how wide it was but got the TV mounted with no problem. There is supposed to be a sticker but if the trailer has set awhile, it falls off.

Dean-Pam

I was looking to install a TV in our bedroom, but have been hesitant to do so not knowing if there was a backer board. I had not thought to call customer service and ask them, great idea. I love this forum and receive much more good advice than I am able to provide.

ucwinters

For the Sundance XLT 285 ts, I was able to remove the TV outlet to get access to the wall space and measure over to the backer board. Still had to guess how wide it was but got the TV mounted with no problem. There is supposed to be a sticker but if the trailer has set awhile, it falls off.

Thanks for the info. Will look tomorrow to see if there is still a sticker on the wall.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
In our previous trailer (2013 Heartland Trail Runner), the sticker on the wall in the living room was right on, but the sticker in the bedroom was off by over a foot (note sticker above the TV):

TVBackerTrailRunner-IMG_0024.jpg

After drilling a couple of holes and nothing, I pushed in on the wall in several places until I found the backer plate lower than the sticker.

In our new Prowler there were no stickers, so I just pushed in on the walls in several places until I found the backer plates.

I did receive the attached diagram of the backer board location. Thanks to Paul and the folks at the factory!

Attachments

• 3000CK SW.pdf
    10.3 KB · Views: 32