ATF: Sundance - Water Pump stopped working

TOMGRAY2

We have a 2014 Sundance XLT we have used the water pump in the past. I tried using it while parked at our storage area. The light at the switch lights up however the water pump isn't working. There was plenty of battery. Where is the water pump located and is there a reset button. We will be on the road shortly and I don't have time to take it to the dealer.

danemayer

Hi Tomgray2,

While I don't know the specific location on your Sundance, the pump is usually close to the city water connection. On many rigs, it's behind the basement storage wall.

I'm not aware of a reset button on the pump.

Even though there's a light, I'd suggest you check the fuse (with an ohm meter), or if you don't have a meter, just replace the fuse. When the fuse is blown, there's a trickle of current through an LED at the fuse box which could also illuminate the switch.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Water pumps are typically located behind the basement wall. You will need to remove the wall for access.
Have your checked the 12 volt fuse?
Is your holding tank full of water? Do not rely on the gauge for fill level.
Are you sure there is enough battery? Storage can deplete a battery pretty quickly. You need to see about 12.75 volts

Peace
Dave

wrgrs50s

Mine is directly behind the removable panel in the storage bay. Be sure to check the wire nuts that connect the pump motor to the 12V circuit. Mine was working intermittently and I found a loose wire nut.