Atwood Exterior Access Door

TxRoadWarrior362

Access door grate fell off during travel. I also lost the flying insect screen attached to it.

Anyone ever lost the grate off the exterior water heater access door? I looked on Amazon and found the whole door, but not the grate alone. My manual shows the whole door.

Tim

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I might have one. Will look in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Can you post a pic of your door? A search found some on eBay but not sure if they fit.

TravelTiger

92d6337f940d18b2daab01b6a8a4626e.jpg

IF I kept it, mine would look like this. Heartland replaced this door under warranty and I may have kept the grate.

jbeletti

Access door grate fell off during travel. I also lost the flying insect screen attached to it.

Anyone ever lost the grate off the exterior water heater access door? I looked on Amazon and found the whole door, but not the grate alone. My manual shows the whole door.

Tim

Consider contacting Dometic (owner of Atwood) Customer Service to see if they can give you the part number for the grill and perhaps direct you to a source.

esscobra

the grate is not securely attached to the door- luckily for me the parts guy that I bought the bug screen from warned me of this and to make sure I drill holes in door and attach springs there no just to grate - so what happened to you would not happen- just did this past weekend- should have posted before dog install I guess- sorry

TravelTiger

Well if I kept it, it's not with me. We are traveling currently. I think I may have chunked it. I can check late next week. Best to look elsewhere, I'm afraid.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here's an idea that I might do if it were me.
If I had the door and needed to make a screen.
My idea would be using a BBQ grill tray or something like that, cut it to a larger size then the square opening and drill 4 holes 1 in each corner and rivet it into the back side of the cover.
Here's a few I found

Sounds like a fun project 😎

Hope this helps
Jerrod
0534965fc407773ce8ff9ec85d28af3a.jpg
48d5311c7d302b8f261a78ee0f3d50b4.jpg
4bc8fe7b4a807db7327cbd50e10fd1f2.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TxRoadWarrior362

Thanks to all for the responses. I'll order something soon, and secure whatever better. Maybe a piece of cardboard with holes in it attached with Ductape!

esscobra

texas rv supply in san Antonio 210-655-1761 has them in stock- he pulled one from back to show me how the screens are not securely mounted- he said the sell quite a few of them and keep them in stock