AutoLevel Failure - Part 2

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Read my post on page one...maybe you need to shorten the stroke of the pistons on the side that is extended the furtherest. We use 4x4 blocks and we've not had an issue since. It appears, in our case at least, that we were in some instances extending the pistons too far causing the constant popping. Ours too went on all night, even waking us up...it's been gone now since we started blocking one side....it was definitely not a leak, as we've never had to add any fluid and our systems was installed in '09.

KiwiRVer

Thanks Ken. I delayed responding to you as events were unfolding and wanted them to play out. I contacted Lippert a second time. This time after another sleepless night I was up at 4 in the morning writing a detailed email addressed to the highest levels of the company and got an immediate result. I was contacted within hours by Bob Tiedge who was the inventor of the Level-Up system. He said he was booking an immediate flight and he did so, flying out from the factory in Indiana to Florida where we are currently located the same day.

He caught up with us the next day and carried out a detailed inspection of the system. Quite quickly he determined that we had a very slight leak in one of the front landing legs. He arranged for two new legs to be couriered from the factory and for a local technician to install them onsite at our campground. They arrived a couple of days later and were duly installed. Result is we have now had four nights without a sound from the front landing legs. We are still getting pops from the rear leveling legs but these do not keep us awake so we are happy.

I would add that we took some of the other suggestions including using silicon chopping baords under the front legs which have proved to be a good idea. It is quite amazing to see how much the front legs slip when the system is auto-leveling.

I would like to express our thanks to Bob Tiedge at Lippert and to Jim Belletti at Heartland who, I understand, had also talked to Lippert about our problem after I talked to him about it at the Florida Rally.

Last edited: