Automatic Light Over Entrance Door

musicman

I have a 2011 BH 3185 RL. When I open the door to the trailer there is a light that comes on in the ceiling then goes off when you close the door. It quit working today. The light switch that turns that lights on works and the bulb lights up when the switch is on. The bulb goes off when you turn the light switch off. What has quit working is the on/off feature in the door. What controls the dimming capability of that single light.

The keyless enty also quit today. Does the keyless entry have anything to do with the light? Sure is funny that both went out at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.....

Willym

There is another thread on the forum regarding the "welcome home" light logic. I'll try to find it and post a link. The keyless entry is independent of the that feature. My keypad became sporadic in operation and I found that the battery behind the keypad was loose in it's holder. You carefully pry off the keypad faceplate and then remove the circuit board. The battery is in a slot in the back of the circuit board. Its a CR2032 button cell IIRC. I had to bend the holder prongs a little to get good battery contact. Now its work very well.
The other possibility is that the fuse to the deadbolt actuator has blown. This is more awkward to access. You have to remove the inner frame around the door window and may even have to push the window out a bit to get at the actuator. There is an inline fuse inside. This may be a job best left to your dealer. Power to the door actuator is provided by two button contacts at the bottom of the door. You could check that these are making contact OK.

One question... do the lights in the keypad go on when you push the keyless buttons. Mine went dark in the keypad when the keyless quit working. If they light up in the keypad when pressed the sound like the problem is in the door...IMO.

musicman

No lights when you push the buttons....I have changed the battery and still nothing......I am calling Mike Faye with Southco on tomorrow (Monday). Maybe he will be able to help. Thanks for the reply. If you think of anything else let me know. Thanks again. Love our Big Horn!

Willym

Yes, each time you key in something the keypad lights should flash. if you have no keypad light, then likely the keypad battery is dead or not making a proper connection. With my battery poor connection, the lights did flash, but inconsistently. These lights are hard to see in sunlight though. It's best to do any keypad reprogramming in the evening.

musicman

I changed the battery and still nothing. No lights, nothing. I will call Southco tomorrow (Monday). Thanks again.