Awning channel pulling away

alwaysbusy

So I noticed today that one of my awning channel's which attaches to the side wall of the coach is beginning to slightly pull away from the wall at opposite ends of the awning. The awning fabric itself attaches to this channel. The channel is only pulling away on the bottom as the top is still flush against the wall. Looking up in the small gap created, it appears a tan in color glue material was used. I can see this occurring from wind picking up the roller and dropping it when in the open position; however, I keep them closed in any such conditions so I cannot understand why it would be pulling away unless something occurred unbeknownst to me. The real question is though, how to fix it? I got up on a ladder and tried pushing the part that's beginning to pull away back in with my fingers just to see how pliable it is however, it's not gonna bend in that manner. I don't see any rivots or screws up in there either but I'm sure there probably is somewhere.

Anyone ever dealt with this?

April 1- Another shout out for Heartland Customer Service here. There is a set screw in each end. Sometimes they pull out or are missed and not installed on the line resulting in the aforementioned. However, mine seem to be there and appear to be in. Nonetheless, I sent Heartland pics and they have agreed to fix this on good faith as we are no longer under warranty.

Last edited: