Awning clamps

LCowan

We have an electric awning on our North Trail which we absolutely love. We have heard of many horror stories of people losing their awning driving down the road. Are awning clamps necessary for an electric awning? If so, what do you recommend? We have looked at a couple different kinds at camping world.

Lisa

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I believe those awning clamps at Camping World are for when the awning is extended.

LCowan

JohnD,
Yes I saw the ones that tie down the awning when it is extended, but these looked like they were on the awning when it was rolled up and in the reviews people said they liked them for traveling. Just wondering if anyone uses them. Then again I could be mistaken so I will look again. Thanks

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
JohnD,
Yes I saw the ones that tie down the awning when it is extended, but these looked like they were on the awning when it was rolled up and in the reviews people said they liked them for traveling. Just wondering if anyone uses them. Then again I could be mistaken so I will look again. Thanks

You are correct lcowan. If I was you just go to Walmart and buy a length of industrial Velcro and use that. Cheaper and does same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey Ghost

I have an electric awning and have NEVER used a awning clamp NEVER and have had NO problems, now watch something go wrong after posting this!!!!!!!!😠

LCowan

Grey Ghost,
Oh my, I hope you don't have problems. That would be horrible. Good to know that you have not had to use them.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

There is no need for straps or clamps on the electric awnings. Also I don't see a way to get a Velcro strap around behind the mounting rails without removing them away from the coach first.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

They are designed to open and close with the push of a button. You don't want to alter that with an additional process that you have to do before or after you push the button..
You will love the convenience of that awning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk