Awning on new trailer is cracking on the strip next to the trailer

MountainDon

Hello All,

We have a New north trail 21FBS. we bought it last fall from a dealer here in Colorado it is a 2017 model.

On our weekend trip this last weekend I notice that the awning is all cracked on the strip that is always exposed to the sun when it is closed. the rest of the Awning is like new ( which it is )

I was wondering:
1, Is there was any kind of UV protectant paint I can put on this part of the awning that would seal up the cracks and protect it for a while.
2, Does anyone make a cover for the awning when it is closed to keep this from happening.
3, Clearly I will need to replace this sooner rather than later ( depending on items 1 & 2 ) Hopefully this is not hard to do. Are there any gotchas in replacing it that anyone can share?

Thanks in Advance,

Don

jerryjay11

Hello All,

We have a New north trail 21FBS. we bought it last fall from a dealer here in Colorado it is a 2017 model.

On our weekend trip this last weekend I notice that the awning is all cracked on the strip that is always exposed to the sun when it is closed. the rest of the Awning is like new ( which it is )

I was wondering:
1, Is there was any kind of UV protectant paint I can put on this part of the awning that would seal up the cracks and protect it for a while.
2, Does anyone make a cover for the awning when it is closed to keep this from happening.
3, Clearly I will need to replace this sooner rather than later ( depending on items 1 & 2 ) Hopefully this is not hard to do. Are there any gotchas in replacing it that anyone can share?

Thanks in Advance,

Don
Just do a search for "RV awning protector" and you'll find all you could want. Even how to make your own.

rjr6150

Don
You want to check with HL customer service possibly under warranty. Since you indicated purchased last fall.

Gary521

There are awnings that have that exposed section made out of metal. You would have to replace the awning to get this.

Attachments

• alumaguard11.jpg
    alumaguard11.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 27