Awnings-Electric Type

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
Thanks for the heads up! That's the reason I think it's best to lock the spring in place by extending the awning first.

Ken

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ken Washington said:
Terry,
Thanks for the heads up! That's the reason I think it's best to lock the spring in place by extending the awning first.

Ken
It took three of us to reinstall the awning. The arms were still attached. It really was not that big of a job. I am going to take some pictures today of my awnings extended and I will try to post them later.

trdeal

Ken and Tom, here are some pictures of the awnings out on my landmark.

Attachments

• 2007 truck and camper 007.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 007.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 2007 truck and camper 008.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 008.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 2007 truck and camper 009.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 009.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 2007 truck and camper 010.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 010.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 2007 truck and camper 011.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 011.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 2007 truck and camper 012.jpg
    2007 truck and camper 012.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 44

Tom of Ypsi

Terry,

Thanks for the pictures, I really liked them but Judy liked them even more. It sure does make a difference in outside liveability (sp). Now I have to wait for warmer weather to tackle anything with the rv. After a mild winter it has decided to get here, snowing with about 3" expected, so my extended rv work etc is put on hold. Last snowy winter for us unless we decide to have it that way.

trdeal

Tom of Ypsi said:
Terry,

Thanks for the pictures, I really liked them but Judy liked them even more. It sure does make a difference in outside liveability (sp). Now I have to wait for warmer weather to tackle anything with the rv. After a mild winter it has decided to get here, snowing with about 3" expected, so my extended rv work etc is put on hold. Last snowy winter for us unless we decide to have it that way.
We have not got to enjoy them both yet,since we had them installed in November.In the campground we normally use, we will onlybe able to use one at a time,because of the location of the deck or trees.But we should be able to use one when we can't use the other.Ocean Lakes this summer is where we will really get to enjoy them both.

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
Would you be so kind to measure your awning on the slide for me. I need to know the distance from center of left support arm to center of the right support arm. You said that the awning was about 11 feet but it would be help full to have this measurement. Nice looking trailer and truck!

Ken

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Terry,
Would you be so kind to measure your awning on the slide for me. I need to know the distance from center of left support arm to center of the right support arm. You said that the awning was about 11 feet but it would be help full to have this measurement. Nice looking trailer and truck!

Ken
Just measured the distance from left center to right center support arm. The distance is 11ft. The awning would of course be a little shorter. I know you live an hour or so from me but if you would like to stop by and take a first hand look you and your wife would be more than welcome.

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
We are thinking about adding the slide awning instead of changing the main awning to the Weather Pro. It looks like I can get it installed for about $900.00. Did DP do it for that or less? This price is at Camping World here in Greensboro and they said that it would only take a short time to install. Thanks for all your help!

Ken

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Terry,
We are thinking about adding the slide awning instead of changing the main awning to the Weather Pro. It looks like I can get it installed for about $900.00. Did DP do it for that or less? This price is at Camping World here in Greensboro and they said that it would only take a short time to install. Thanks for all your help!

Ken
Ken without looking at my paper work,I don't remember for sure,but I think it was in the neighborhood of 1100.00. I can get my paperwork and tell you for sure this afternoon if you would like. I let BP do the job because I knew they could talk to Heartland and find out for sure if any damage would be done to the slide out by installing the awning. I think you will really enjoy the extra awning.Sounds like the Weather Pro is giving some problems.

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Terry,

Ken
Sorry I did not get to finding the exact cost of my second awning. Just have thought about it and the info is in our camper.

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
Just a few more questions. Did they mount the awning rail just under the frame that goes across the top of the slide or on top of it? Also, is the support arm bracket mounted onto or part way on the slide topper bracket? I really appreciate you help!

Ken

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Terry,
Just a few more questions. Did they mount the awning rail just under the frame that goes across the top of the slide or on top of it? Also, is the support arm bracket mounted onto or part way on the slide topper bracket? I really appreciate you help!

Ken
Glad to help. Yes To both questions. I have made a couple of pictures that I will try to post of how it is attached.I posted some pictures on 9/20/06 that might help you. I am going to pm my phone number to you. If you have any other questions just call.

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
Thanks for your help and look forward to the pictures. I am trying to gather as much info that I can so that I will know that it is put on right. I have a feeling that they will say that it can't be done but I will know better and have pictures to show if needed.

Ken

trdeal

Hi Ken, Here are the pictures. If you need more please let me know.

Attachments

• awning 001.jpg
    awning 001.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 48
  • awning 002.jpg
    awning 002.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 35
  • awning 003.jpg
    awning 003.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 31
K

Ken Washington

Thanks Terry,
That is what I needed to know! Know if there is any questions about how it is installed, I know how yours was attached. Thanks so much for your help! I will be ordering mine soon!

Ken

trdeal

Ken Washington said:
Thanks Terry,
That is what I needed to know! Know if there is any questions about how it is installed, I know how yours was attached. Thanks so much for your help! I will be ordering mine soon!

Ken
Glad I could help Ken. I know that you will enjoy the extra dry space under the extra awning. Now,any ideas on how to attach something to the main awning, at the door, to keep us from getting wet when it is raining and we open the door.My father-in-law clamps a piece of plexiglass to his awning rail, and it works great for him. I tried this but with the awning cover it is hard to get a good fit. Anyway,glad i could help.

K

Ken Washington

Hi Terry
Not for what Camping World will do it for! Less than $200.00 and I don't have to touch anything! We are still going back and forth as to weather to do the Weather Pro or the slide awning. There are pros and cons with both. I will let you know which one wins out.

Ken

Gary Steeves

Weatherpro w/ wind sensor

My weatherpro with wind sensor has a problem where it retracts without a breath of wind around. I extend the awning with the switch in disable mode, but when I enable the switch, the awning retracts within 10 seconds to 1 minute. I have to keep the enable / disable switch in the disable position all the time - which makes the auto. capability of rewinding during windy conditions worthless.

This was supposedly fixed while under warranty, dealer stating the wind sensor and circuit board was replaced. - But it never has worked correctly even after the dealer "fix".

Any ideas ? I'm not getting very far with calls to Dometic.

Thanks !!

ct0218

Mine takes a very very strong wind to activate. I wish mine was a little more sensitive. Yours is definitely not right though, I'd take it back for the fix again.