Awnings-Electric Type

Tom of Ypsi

I have the same problem with my awning, 3 mph winds the awning goes in. Hopefully this will be fixed at the rally. My inept dealer tried 3 different time to fix it and it actually got worse.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Finally had a chance to use our door side slide out patio awning this weekend. We really enjoyed it. We had some rain but both awnings gave us plenty of room for the family and a hamburger on the grill.

lark73

Cooper said:
The WeatherPro works great you never have to worry about it.

I am not sure that you never have to worry about it but they are user friendly. One thing that everyone should keep in mind is that the wind sensor has to detect(factory setting of 18mph) a steady wind for more than 30 seconds. So the problem that a lot of customers run into is wind gusts. If you have a 10 mph wind that gusts to 30 mph you are going to have some damage. Read your owners manual about weather related damage, I believe it is in bold type on page 3 or 4.

Another big thing that people do not realize is that the Weatherpro awning can be over extended. To keep from doing this just remember to look at the valance at the tube. The valance should be at a 9 o'clock position. This will allow water to run off the end of the tube and allow the gas strut on the dump to work properly if water does pool on the fabric.

I used to work at Dometic and one of the first questions I asked was about water pooling on the fabric. The floor supervisor took me to the show room and ran the awning all the way out. He then asked me to pull on the left end of the tube, it pulled down with some effort. He then rolled it back in so that the valance was at the 9 o'clock position and I pulled again. It was amazing how much of a difference it made.

I hope you found this info useful and I apologize for being long and drawn out. But then it is my job. ;)