Axle Alignment - Pics - Requesting Opinions

Squirlee

I realize this is too much positive camber but what would cause it? I weigh the trailer frequently and we have always been well under the gross weight. It is the outside tread that is being affected. The front tire has almost all of the outside tread wore off while the rear tire still has outside tread but it is noticeably uneven wear on that strip. About 15,000 KM's on the trailer. Original tires.

See pics:

20170813_101120_HDR.jpg

20170813_101128_HDR.jpg

Thanks

Kathi-27

air pressure is to low. wearing on both outside edges more than center. would go up on air pressure 5-10 lbs

Squirlee

those tires may be a bit small for that weight of trailer. What brand are they?

They are Towmax STR ST235 / 85R16. I have checked the weight on them and I am under the tire manufacturers specs.

I will replace them with a better tire I'd just hate to get a good tire and wear off the outside tread :)

CoveredWagon

They are Towmax STR ST235 / 85R16. I have checked the weight on them and I am under the tire manufacturers specs.

I will replace them with a better tire I'd just hate to get a good tire and wear off the outside tread :)

Absolutely find and fix the problem before you buy good tires. Good luck

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had similar back in 2011 on our TowMax. I just think they are crap tires. Replace the tires and I bet you'll never see this again!!! We switched to Maxxis 8008s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Get those things off ASAP
I would replace those Blowmax tire before they blowout and do major damage to the side of your RV. Then once you get the new tires on, take it in and have the allinement checked. Once you know that's all good you'll have piece of mind and can travel safely on down the highway.
I had my allinement checked a few months back for about $80 and found everything to be perfect.

If it were me, I wouldn't mess with those tires trying to save a buck... It will cost you more to replace the J-rap and fender skirts and you'll still have to buy the tires then too....

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wdk450

For your safety and ultimate peace of mind, replace your tires with quality ones and find yourself a truck/trailer alignment shop nearby. They will use a laser beam/computer system sensing your wheel positions telling them how to bend your axle tubes to get the rig into alignment. This is NOT done/checked during RV trailer assembly line production. The alignment for my dual axle rig cost me about $250 when I had it done in 2013, and only took about an hour.

Your tire supplier may know of such an alignment shop in your area.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know I already commented, i looked again at the photos. I would be concerned you have some belts breaking loose inside the tire. Close your eyes and run your hands across the tire. Do you feel a slight bulge? Run your hands around the circumference of the tire. Does it feel consistent? I mention this because the gaps between the rows of tread look to be inconsistent, which is a sign of the tire expanding due to broken belts.

Seriously get rid of the tires. You may find once the tires are removed there are bubbles on the underside of the tread area.

Here's one that the tread appears ok but I found a slight bulge.

a282b781767f00d028c22c469250dc40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirlee

Thanks everyone.

I have found some E or F rated Blacklion tires installed and I have found a place that does alignments on trailers.

The tire guy also suggested looking at a light truck tire as they are better overall they just don't have the reinforced side wall that st tires have. Any thoughts?

EB3

do you have correct track? If not you can add the after market version. I added it to my TT one tire out of the four had feathering on the inside. It's sold by Lippert. Dealers who sell it have the laser alignment equipment. The advantage is it can be adjusted in the future if needed . Cold bending axles don't always stay put. You can tell if you have correct track look at spring hanger yellow adjustment plate. Heartland put them on as std. on many 5ers.

wdk450

As I understand it, Correct Track only corrects 1 of the 4 (?) wheel alignment factors. The laser alignment/axle tube bending corrects ALL wheel alignment issues.

Any wheel alignment is never permanent, if you drive on any of our public roads, with the bumps and potholes.

EB3

Correct Track aligns axles so that they line up with the center line of the trailer king pin.Go on you tube and look at the videos that explain Correct .:rolleyes: