Axle alignment:

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I need some advice from the brain trust, I just measured my wheels, 16.5 inches rim to rim on both sides. then I measured from the bracket that hold the front legs back to the rim, 15 feet 7 inches both sides. Would this suggest that my axles are aligned or am I missing something?

GOTTOYS

I need some advice from the brain trust, I just measured my wheels, 16.5 inches rim to rim on both sides. then I measured from the bracket that hold the front legs back to the rim, 15 feet 7 inches both sides. Would this suggest that my axles are aligned or am I missing something?
If your old tires were wearing evenly, I wouldn't worry about it. If they weren't you can have it checked and realigned at a heavy duty truck/trailer suspension shop for $100-150.00. I have owned a lot of cars in my lifetime and I always just watch how the tire edges are wearing. I can't remember ever having one of them aligned. After working in the auto industry I saw lots of cars leave the alignment rack in worse shape that when they entered it. If the tires are wearing good..leave them alone...Don

usnthedog

Cold bend on the axle as far as I know. Talked with Heartland first and the shop talked with Lippert but I'm not holding my breath.

So, you took it to your dealer or an alignment shop? Did they do an alignment of your axles? Cold bend?
You should have talked to Lippert before having anything done to your axles.

Peace
Dave

WSGraffius

I had a similar problem with suspect alignment; when I left for a trip last fall I could place my BAL deluxe locking tire chock between the curbside tandem wheels, when I arrived home the gap was too close for chock to fit. Crawled beneath rig took some pics and discussed with Lippert he spotted the flat springs right away (1 per side), don't know what I was looking at to miss it. Anyways rather than replacing with stock parts, I called a recommended spring shop in the area, over the phone we ordered a replacement and beefed them up with an added spring. I had them installed at another local shop that specializes in repairing semis, dumps and trailers a few weeks ago and now my spacing between the tandems is equal, total cost about $500. A side note here, (buyer beware) I contacted the Heartland RV dealer in the area (Fairmont, WV) in Oct and since I did not purchase our rig from them they stated they would call me back sometime in January!!! They have yet to call and I doubt I'll ever stop in, even if I'm in need toilet paper!

Snapper

I am having issues with my 2010 North trail right front tire Alignment. first the trailer had the factory DURO tires which were an accident waiting to happen with the severe tread cracking and separation in 1000 miles. Now I noticed the wear problem after my first trip with the new tires.. I am going to install the Correct Track II system. I got nothing to lose and all to gain. Wish me luck. Sometimes I think I should get rid of the trailer and try another brand.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I am having issues with my 2010 North trail right front tire Alignment. first the trailer had the factory DURO tires which were an accident waiting to happen with the severe tread cracking and separation in 1000 miles. Now I noticed the wear problem after my first trip with the new tires.. I am going to install the Correct Track II system. I got nothing to lose and all to gain. Wish me luck. Sometimes I think I should get rid of the trailer and try another brand.
Have you taken the trailer to an alignment shop?