Axle alignment

B

BouseBill

Started noticing abnormal wear on all four tires of the Big Horn on the trip north last spring. Decided to have them checked on the way down South this fall.
We normally stop in Las Vegas at Sam's Town for a couple days R&R on our way to AZ. Up on Highway 6 between Wells and the junction of NV 218 we ran into that white powder stuff on the side of the roads and of course Nevada still salts their roads, anyway I digress, Called and made an appointment with Arrow Alignment in Vegas to check the axles as all four tires were wearing on the outer edges.
Chris at Arrow alignment backed the 5er into the slot without TOOOOOO many tries LOL. Just glad I didn't have to do it cause it was a tight fit and packed parking lot. Our service manager at Johnnie Walker RV recommended Arrow alignment and after their service I would also if you're in the Vegas area. Just call and confirm your appointment.....ours was dropped somehow but they worked us in only 30 minutes later than our scheduled time.
The toe was out by 3/16 on both front and rear axles and the camber was set to 25 degrees.
After the work was complete the tech had set the toe to 0 degrees and set the camber to 15 degrees which should allow the tires to wear more evenly, and yes they did all this by bending the axles.:D It was an interesting operation to watch for sure.
Oh yeah, there is a mobile wash team out removing all the road salt from the Big Horn....now I hope we run into a couple of thunderstorms enroute to Prescott Valley so we can wash the underside LOL

Forgot about the other picture of the VW towing a Airstream LOL, sure glad I didn't have to follow him:)

Attachments

• Align1.jpg
    Align1.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 67
  • align2.jpg
    align2.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 64
  • align3.jpg
    align3.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 69
  • align4.jpg
    align4.jpg