AZ Chapter - Travel updates

Mrsfish

We retuned from 2 weeks in durango last week. It was 34 degrees the first 2 mornings we were there. Awfully rough to return home when the highs of durango are your lows in Tucson. Funniest thing I heard while I was up there? - we were at a chuckwagen show and at the start of the show the spokesman was asking if people were there from California (raise your hands)' Utah (raise your hands) and don't bother to raise your hands if you're from arizona. We can tell cause you're the ones with your coats on!!

Ron-Cookie

Went from Finley North Dakota to Golden Lake again in North Dakota to the Red River SRA in Minnesota... Having a ball but Cookie has a hard time staying warm... Lows in the 50's and highs in the 70's... Saw a couple Heartlands yesterday on the road...

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Heading up to the White Mountains, Big Lake for a few days....July 29 - Aug 2. If you happen to be up in Apache Trout Campsite, stop by.

Grey Ghost

[h=2]Yosemite National Park[/h]
:cool:Wow, just returned from a week long trip to Yosemite National Park! What a beautiful place to visit!! We stayed at Pine Cliff RV Resort in June Lakes, CA for only $30.00 per night with full hookups and we were able to get satellite reception through the trees also! The fire kept us from seeing the village and being able to see the Dome and El Capiton, but the rest of the park was great. We also toured through Mammoth Lakes and saw some really pretty lakes and lots of wild life. No Bears....my wife wanted to see Bears big time! Heard of one in the campground, but never saw it. Tried to visit Bodie, the ghost town, but that morning it was raining so didn't get that in either. Had hear a lot about Bridgeton, CA so we went up there, but I'm telling you Mammoth Lakes, Lee Vining, June Lakes and that area is much more beautiful and offers lots to see. Took some really pretty drives and took lots of pictures, but pictures just never seem to do it justice. The drive between Phoenix and Yosemite is just boring, but worth it. We took I-10 over to San Bernardino and then up HWY 395 north to Lee Vining by Mono Lake and then took I-40 back to HWY 95 down through Parker and Lake Havasu, now that is a beautiful drive. Lake Havasu at sunset is beautiful! Would love to spend some time over there, but when the weather is great all the snowbirds take up the spots. To bad, nice area! Anyhow, if you have not been to Yosemite we highly recommend it. By the way the crowds were not bad either. Anywhere we wanted to pull over for pictures on our drive through the park was available and open. Also met some really nice people along the way!​

Larry & Marilyn
plus
Buddy (White Westie)
F-250 Ford Closely Followed by a 29 MK Greystone
Arizona Member # 413

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/signaturepics/sigpic16557_6.gif

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Heading down to Quail Ridge RV Resort early next week....anyone care to join in???? I hear some great times will be going on!!!!

Ron-Cookie

We plan to arrive on Wednesday as well.... See you all at the Rally! "Happy days" are here for our Chapters FIRST Rally! Garry has been working on this for months! The Rally will be GREAT!

Mrsfish

what are you all doing for dinner on Wed night? want to find a restaurant for us early birds or do a short version pot luck? I'm game for some Mexican (food that is :))

sorry - i know that's not PC, but i couldn't resist. We are in southern AZ

MTPockets

what are you all doing for dinner on Wed night? want to find a restaurant for us early birds or do a short version pot luck? I'm game for some Mexican (food that is :))

sorry - i know that's not PC, but i couldn't resist. We are in southern AZ
Vamos a Comer .....