B&W companion Hitch

bigdob24

I have a 2014 F 250 SD 4x4 short bed diesel ( thats a lot to say) with the B&W turnover ball hitch.
i have a 16K Reese hitch and have placed an order for the Companion hitch to replace it.
will be pulling a 2014 Big Country 3070RE .
Just interested in how you like the companion hitch?
Are they easy to remove and reinstall?

Snow

i also have the compainion 15000 lb this is my first 5er so i dont know about others but at all the campgrounds we go to everone says its a good hitch its easy to hookup and unhook even when not level and i have seen many times were others were pulling up backing up again and again to get hooked up, i think its a great hitch for the money, not that it was cheap about 1200 $ and 150 $ to have it installed

Snow

l forgot to say i also have a 2013 250 super duty stroker .what a truck i hope you like yours as much as i like mine and yes thats my first diesel also i havealot to learn about both the 5er and the truck thats why i caint stay off this great forum you canfind answers to about anything some good some bad but you can find them thanks and have a great year camping i caint wait 2 more weeks for our first trip this year

CeeCee

We have the B&W Companion hitch also on our Ford F250. We love it & I can even remove it without my husband helping. Plus it's made in the USA. Great hitch. Cyndi

scottyb

I assume your 2014 did not have the factory 5th wheel prep installed? I've had both and either way, the B&W Companion is great. The OEM Companion for the factory prep is even quicker and easier to install/remove. No tools required.

GlenStMary

I have the B & W Companion as well and love the hitch. I have never had any issues with it and love the fact that I can have it out of the truck in about 5 minutes. I pull a lot of gooseneck livestock trailers with my truck when not pulling on the RV so being able to quickly and easily remove the hitch was the most important selling point for me.

SeattleLion

We have a 2014 F350 diesel short bed SRW crew cab.We have the turnover ball and companion hitch. This is our first fiver. All I can say is that it is very easy to hitch and drop the trailer, even for us newbies.

bigdob24

Sounds like a good investment and easy to use
Will be getting the hitch and new BC in a week or so, can hardly wait for all the comfort:)

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We love the fact that we still have full use of the truck bed with only a few minutes effort to remove the hitch. I'd recommend the B&W Companion to anyone!