"Babies Wrapped in Love" a community outreach opportunity

Re: Babies for us...for the crafty ladies

I have been able to make the quilts by telling people at our church and local thrift store that I was making quilts for babies. They donated most of the fabric, quilting supplies, patterns, and ideas. They are always asking what my next quilt will be. It has become a real community project with all their help.

Nancy

dieselsweetheart

Nancy that is awesome!!! I am planning something for us to take back to those who have helped us....

dglatta

Nancy,
Baby sacks look like a big gym sock! They are designed for new babies. They fit in and are kind of swaddled. They weren't around when our kids were little. I found the pattern on a free knitting pattern site. There were lots of different options for patterns.
Kathi

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

I have two fleece baby blankets to contribute. I'll bring them with me this w/e for "show and tell".

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

This weekend you will also get 1 fleece, 3 crocheted with hats and 100 tags for Goshen.

dieselsweetheart

I am excited to see the prototype for the tags for our blankets...beautiful!! And I'm excited to show them to you in Goshen....my good friend and sister chapter leader Deb Bylinski (editor of the newsletter) has such a talent for design and production and has graciously taken on that project. There are going to be 100 tags and I hope that we use up most of them!!! Can we do it??? I challenge you!! Thanks again! I am almost finished with my ripple...I am on the last skein....then on to something else!View attachment Babies Wrapped In Love Tag.pdf

dieselsweetheart

I have 6 blankets in my house right now...all different patterns and colors! Over the w/e met with other chapter leaders and they also have (altogether) about 5 or 6 more...I am starting another one and I have the promise of 2 more from my niece...don't forget if you are a non-crocheter/knitting the tied fleece blankets are lovely as well! So don't hold back!! The tie-on tags are the perfect touch to finish off the blankets..and I have put them each in a 3 gallon ziplock bag you can find at Walmart, Target, Kmart...and such. They might not be at your local grocery because they are larger.

dieselsweetheart

How is everyone doing? I hate not to have activity on the thread and then it gets buried... if we chat every couple of days that should keep the thread active. I have 5 blankets in ziplocks on my kitchen table! Working on another one....would like to get one more kicked out before Goshen...

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Cheryl, I still have not been able to locate the three gallon bags. I have 5 blankets. If possible could you bring bags to the Jersey Rally for which I will gladly repay you Tuesday?

dieselsweetheart

Not a problem. In fact I bought some at the Giant today and they were the really big ones....so we can put a couple of them in one of those! I will be sure to bring some along...did everyone else find them ok??

bdb2047

Hi,if you keeping track Eileen has 5 to bring.Should get to meet you all in Goshen,tried to get a site for Pa rally but could not get a respose.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Oh Cheryl, Do we have enough tags? Looking back through the threads and we should be around your target of 50 blankets right now. We will also be bringing some baby food donations for ya!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Hi,if you keeping track Eileen has 5 to bring.Should get to meet you all in Goshen,tried to get a site for Pa rally but could not get a respose.

Eileen, Please keep calling as some of us have had a problem connecting with the CG. You won't regret the extra effort trying to make a reservation. Cheryl and Jim put on great and very entertaining rallies. Ain't dat right kids?

dieselsweetheart

Dat would be right.....please keep trying...there should be someone there full time now!! Did you leave a message?? Let me know ASAP and I will call him myself.... we do have sites available!!!