Backing up...

avvidclif

BC, do you still have the video you posted of this method? I found your old post and the link no longer works. I have tried this method with a complete novice and it works great. You just need two things, the spotter who understands what to to say and a driver who will listen.

Video not needed. Just face backwards and look at the trailer tires, if they need to go to the right say "Turn Right" to the driver who then turns the steering wheel to the right. "more right" or "less right" would be a valid follow-up. My DW, who insists the truck doesn't have a reverse gear when she's on the seat covers, actually got in the truck and using this method put the trailer in a tight spot easily. One pull-up and that was my fault, not hers. Her job was to turn the steering wheel and make sure the front of the truck didn't hit anything. And then the hard part, LISTEN to me!!!

Ducking and running....

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Video not needed. Just face backwards and look at the trailer tires, if they need to go to the right say "Turn Right" to the driver who then turns the steering wheel to the right. "more right" or "less right" would be a valid follow-up. My DW, who insists the truck doesn't have a reverse gear when she's on the seat covers, actually got in the truck and using this method put the trailer in a tight spot easily. One pull-up and that was my fault, not hers. Her job was to turn the steering wheel and make sure the front of the truck didn't hit anything. And then the hard part, LISTEN to me!!!

Ducking and running....

Hahaha! Hey, if it works, that's terrific!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk