backup cameras

Cane.MBA

This is what I installed ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010XWNFOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The "lighter plug-in" monitor receives the signal wirelessly, simply needs to be "paired" with the camera !! My total rig is 60' long, and the signal is strong and has never wavered !!

That's the same unit I bought, and it won't connect from the cab of my truck to the camera. It's a common issue with large toy haulers. My 4250 is 43' 6", pulled behind a Megacab Ram 3500 DRW, that's a lot of aluminum between the camera and display.

SNOKING

That's the same unit I bought, and it won't connect from the cab of my truck to the camera. It's a common issue with large toy haulers. My 4250 is 43' 6", pulled behind a Megacab Ram 3500 DRW, that's a lot of aluminum between the camera and display.

That is the camera I bought and I can drive 500 or 600' from the trailer before loosing video signal. Something is wrong with your system or installation. Those that power the camera from non LED running lights seem to have the most problems.

Chris

richheck

Seasoned Member
I agree with Chris, my coach is over 44 ft being pulled with a long bed super cab truck (total length from camera to front bumper of truck is 60 ft) and I have ne reception issues with the Furrion unit. My coach has the LED clearance lights that I tied into.

Cane.MBA

It's prewired from the factory for the Furrion camera, with power cable and mounting bracket. So I don't think it's an installation issue. I think it has to do more with the construction of Toy Haulers vs Regular 5ers. Replacing the antenna was the recommendation from Furrion due to interference created by the Toy Hauler.

Noofear

I just had the Furrion camera installed and have had no problems with reception. I've got a long box Dodge dually pulling a 41' 9" Bighorn.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SNOKING

It's prewired from the factory for the Furrion camera, with power cable and mounting bracket. So I don't think it's an installation issue. I think it has to do more with the construction of Toy Haulers vs Regular 5ers. Replacing the antenna was the recommendation from Furrion due to interference created by the Toy Hauler.
Find a member that will let you try their camera setup on your trailer. And check the voltage at the camera when powered up. Chris

CoveredWagon

I can't remember the exact Furrion model I purchased from Amazon, but it was plug and play into my Cyclone 4250. There is a separate monitor that plugs in via cigarette adapter in the cab of your vehicle. The camera is connected wirelessly to the monitor. Even though my unit claimed it was good to 100', it didn't make it through 43' of Toy Hauler. However, I purchased a high gain wifi antennae to boost reception, but have not had a chance to test it yet.

Mike

Mike do you have a link to the high gain antenna you purchased ?

Dave