Backup/Emergencey Slide operation

Danj2718

I have a new Heartland Mallard M-335. The owner's manual (what there is of it) has no information on how to get a slide in (retracted) if the electrical system fails either electrically or physically. Where can I find this information?

Thank You

wdk450

You may have to contact Heartland service with your VIN to find out which brand and model of slide mechanism your trailer has.

Bogie

Looking at pictures of the M335, all the slides appear to be Accuslides. As already stated, you can look in the tools tab for information on these slides. For emergency retracton, Heartland would have provided a flex shaft (about 1 foot long) that attaches to a drill and the other end is placed on the motor shaft. You use the drill and flex shaft to turn the motor to move the slide. The not so good news is that the motor is typically placed on the wall behind the facia above the slide box. Assuming that is where they are, I believe you may have to remove the facia to gain access to the motor.

RoadJunkie

The ability to manually operate your slide(s) depends on what has failed. Are you having problems or just getting prepared for a potential failure? Someone recently posted that if you operate the motor manually to work the slide, be sure to move the actuators (via the in/out switch) in the direction you want the slides to operate, hydraulic slides, that is.