Bad Cabling

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
After 6 1/2 years we finally got a second satellite receiver for the bedroom. Don't know why I expected the cabling to work since our living room cabling quit working over a year ago. Sure enough, no signal whatsoever through the bedroom satellite input. Ran the coax through the bedroom window and "viola", works like a champ. Guess I'll be spending a few weekends rerunning coax in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Before running all new cable, check behind your UDC and basement wall, as well as up in the bedroom in the coset to see if the connections behind the UDC have come loose. Ours were loose from the factory and if we had not tightened them I am sure by now they would have worked their way loose.

Then, make sure that you have the cable in the bedroom wired for Satellite vs. cable. Ours we had to change to get the satellite signals through.

Rod

After 6 1/2 years we finally got a second satellite receiver for the bedroom. Don't know why I expected the cabling to work since our living room cabling quit working over a year ago. Sure enough, no signal whatsoever through the bedroom satellite input. Ran the coax through the bedroom window and "viola", works like a champ. Guess I'll be spending a few weekends rerunning coax in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk