bad for wiring for satellite tv in 2016 big horn 3875fb

mrrocko

just finished installing my winegard dish sk-1000 on the roof of my big horn. first got all the plans from heartland for the backer board to mount the antenna. it seems no one gave any thought to where the backer board is placed. i have several vents and pipes in the way it also is very close to the frount ac unit. i have talked to other owners and they cannot not even mount the antenna near the backer board. i did get it installed and it is working . called dish to activate my hopper and could not a signal to the tv and i kept getting a message about no signal, after playing around with the wiring still could not get a signal. i also could not get the park cable to work without running it in the side of the trailer it would not work connecting to the outlet in the water hook up comparment .i talked to heartland they told me to look inside my bathroom closet and take the plates off to see if the wires are connected to the booster. anyway the wiring is wrong in a brand new 3875fb big horn which i had built for me this being my second big horn i am very disapointed that heartland did not pay attention to their quility control, i also have found several other small things which they overlooked. calling heartland on monday to see if they will fix the problem under waranty we our full timers so we cannot leave rv at shop for weeks. my next door neighbor with a brand new cyclone had to rewire his sat connections for his tailgatter because the wiring from the factory did not work, will update when i found out what heartland tells me to do. i hope heartland is paying attention

danemayer

Did you install the jumpers in the UDC to connect the rooftop wiring to the interior wiring?

mrrocko

yes jumpers are installed. cannot get signal from closet to living room tv no tv in bedroom could not get park cable to tv when it was hooped up in th UDC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to get a toner to see if you can find out where in the system the problem is.
I would start looking at the connections behind the UDC. It may be miswired there.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

There are lots of places where connections can go wrong. One of the simplest is for the cable installer to mix up the cables when connecting them to the back of the wall plates. As Dave suggested, a Toner can help. Or you can try various combinations to see if the cables got mixed up.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Also try hooking the Sat up to the cable . . .

Our 2015 Heartland Prowler sat and cable wiring is labeled backwards.

Worth a try, anyway.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I also had lots of cable issues on my new 2015 Landmark 365. All of the connections were loose every single one of them. The cables in the roof, behind the wall, plugs in the entertainment center, the splitters behind the wall in the storage compartment, all of the connections in the back of the docking station. Nothing worked until I found them all and tightened them all up. I was cussing @#*@# the whole time. I also found that they were connected opposite of what the diagram showed. I spent a few hours taring it apart, fixing everything and labeling the wall plugs. All good now, but it should of been good when it left the factory..!!!!!!

DWChris

I have a 2014 Landmark and mine was a mess! Installed a Traveler for Dish and it never worked correctly. Paid 2 different guys a fortune to fix it. Still didn't work. Finally found the good folks at RV's for Less in Knoxville TN and they fixed it!! Don't know where you're at but if you can make it them they will get you lined out. They're a Landmark dealer. Heartland needs to rethink their wiring. Many of us are going with satellite and the coaches don't really seem to be set up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etcmss

can attach the antenna directly to the TV (or at some other point) to start the "it works" process. and you say cable never worked...did it work on delivery?
many of us have worked through similar problems with signals being los---loose connections, bad wires, mis-wired...
I had to replace a section of wiring.
If the roof antenna is installed, try connecting directly from UDC roof to the satellite receiver to see if that section works. The booster should be involved in this.
could you also have wiring issues at booster, since cable never worked right.
Gary

mrrocko

connections where loose in UDC but not loose enough to not make some sort of signal. i have not run a direct cable from dish to tv yet, but i guess i am going to have to try that, iknow when parkcable did not work with wiring in trailer a direct hookup and i had cable but had to run cable threw side storage door. did not camp out in trailer day of pick up . i live in houston and pickuped in mi and i had to get back to work at that time. next step is to look behind plates in front closet to see what is going on. quite a alot of trouble for a 2016 big horn wired for the traveler and alot of people having problems i hope heartland does something about this and i am calling to see about warranty work on this problem since my trailer was purchased in april

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Do you have the packet with all of the papers and literature ? Ours had the TV-Cable schematics in it and that help me out to trace the color coded cables. You might be hooked to the SAT-input outside, and hooked to TV/Cable inside. Mine had 3 or 4 choices inside. I had to trace them all using the schematics and label them with my wife's label maker. Make sure you tighten all connections as your tracing them though the Coach.

hp2guy

I too am very upset. I had a tech tone my satellite connections in my 2015 Cyclone. Nothing matched the schematics, not even the number of ports. Found contiguous circuits not capable of passing 2.2 ghz signal.

My dealer says this is a known issue in Bighorn & Cyclone - NO ADVICE coming from Heartland.

i am very disapointed that heartland did not pay attention to their quility control, i also have found several other small things which they overlooked. calling heartland on monday to see if they will fix the problem under waranty we our full timers so we cannot leave rv at shop for weeks. my next door neighbor with a brand new cyclone had to rewire his sat connections for his tailgatter because the wiring from the factory did not work, will update when i found out what heartland tells me to do. i hope heartland is paying attention

Last edited by a moderator:

REMTA

I had problems when we got out 2015 Big Country in May. The schematic was in the owner package so as a former electrical tech I said no problem. Hooked up cables as the schematic showed no signal while cheking things out I founr the diagram in the compartment and the one in the owners package were different changed hook up and all worked

Ed

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

As customers we should not have to do this..... It should be right when we take delivery of it. I think we should be able to start charging the manufacture for doing our own warranty work. Then maybe after they start getting all of the bills from us they might try to do it right the first time.

mrrocko

i started this thread because i could not get the park cable to work using outlet in UDC. i just installed a dish k1000 traveler and could nota signal toliving room. icalled heartland and the customer service is really great. since the big horn isa 2016 it is still under waranty they authorized a rv place of my choice to fix the problem. unfortunately here in houston all the rv repair shops are backed up, or so they say and they are giving me a 2 week timeline to trace some wiring sad but true. so i called winegard and theyasked what receiver i had and it was the hopper which will work with the wiring from heartland. i called dish got a different receiver and had dish come out and install and trace and problems i had and now i have sat working and it was all for free. still have a problem with park cable but now that i can use dish and use batwing for local channels. i am happy to say that heartland was very good at helping and dish also. if anybody needs help in install a winegard sat dish let me know as this has been about a three week process and i have learned alot

IronJ

Couldn't get my tailgaiter to work either...100+ degrees out I gave up...pull panel in udc later and there is not even a D@MN CABLE hooked up to plate!!...nor one hanging to plug it in....I have a cable hanging out my patio slide now in ghetto fashion on a 80k $ 1 month old trailer...my dealer (who is 100 miles away says they have no way to test them for pdi)..

I need to call heartland...maybe they can help..leaving on 3 week trip in 2 weeks....I don't have time nor the energy to fix this myself ..capable or not is irrelevant. ...

I feel your pain...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

mrrocko

Besure to call heartland with the last 6 numbers of your vin. They were very helpful with my problems mine was still under the one year warranty so I could take it to a repair center of my choice I am in houston and my dealer is in Michigan so could not go back there we are full timers and time for fixing was too long for me in houston

IronJ

Yes I will....I just picked this up in july....I specifically asked the service tech if he checked the cable and sat....to which he relied "we don't have a way here to do that here"...I could tell from the walk through this guy knew his trailers well...and was on the ball for any and every other question i had

Unfortunantly, I didn't have my own sat equip with me to check it out while there...it is what it is...

I just want it fixed...jerry rigging a 50ft cable hanging off my patio at every stop has little appeal for me while I'm on vacation...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk