bad for wiring for satellite tv in 2016 big horn 3875fb

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I doubt many dealerships have a sat subscription, which is why they can't test the trailers before they leave.

We don't have a sat system for our trailer (we have Direct TV at home, though).

As I mentioned above, I found that the sat/cable connections inside the trailer were labeled backwards.

We've only been out twice with our new trailer and haven't yet tried out the cable connection . . .

First campground didn't have cable in our particular site and the second we pulled in so many stations over the antenna that I didn't bother to even try the cable.

We are going to be up in the mountains next week where we generally don't pick up any OTA stations, so will definately be checking out the cable connection to see if it works.

IronJ

I understand a dealer not having satellite....BUT

How are they going to pdi a unit ..kinda like a dealer not having electricity so they only pdi 12v equip. Truth is at a minimum they should have a toner so they could verify the cables and that they can at least pass a signal. That would have caught mine there....as it has absolutely NO cable connected to the sat port in udc (the one to the roof is there )

And then there is the issue that if they are the dealer and have it for warranty how are they gonna FIX it??

My cable/ota works on all the tv as well...and oddly you rarely hear of people who have issues with ota like you do with sat....why can't the manufacturers just get it right??.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!
hooked up a winged x2 had to go thru window to box,,,,sat. line thru trailer would not give reliable power,,,,

violinini1

mrrocko,
so what test equipment, if any, would you suggest to take along to test the cables before I take delivery? Ohm meter? I want to make sure that the cables are connected correctly and I am not sure if my dealer can do that. Even if he can, I want to make certain that all of the cables work.
Thank you,
Don

DScopano

I just took delivery of my 3875FB on Monday. It took the DirectTV tech over 4 hours to figure out how to make the system work. He stated that the wiring diagram was not correct. He ended up wiring thru the component jack to the tv. The DVD player is not wired into the tv and the HDMI jack plate in the bedroom is not wired into the tv. Was not really to happy and I am sure when I get a new dish it will be an issue again.

mrrocko

I found a cable toner on ebay that works I think $9.00 I finally had dish come out and they could tell me the signal strength. And it was good. Finally the problem I had could not get park cable to work bad wiring gave up installed dish winegard 1000 on roof working fine

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We discovered on our trip last week that the cable outlet on our Prowler doesn't work, either.

Hooked a TV up to the cable at the pedestal and got perfect picture (well, as perfect as standard def can be anyway) . . . but nothing inside.