bad sway problem

TheLindsays

Hello.. we have the 261.. we don't haul as much as you in the back I don't think.. its a golf cart.. w 6" lift and big tires.. batteries... we have the equalizer 4 pt sway rated for 1200 lbs... supposedly they told us we only needed 1k but had some sway so had them upgrade and no issues .. also have air bags on truck.. helps a lot... and we don't as a rule carry any water in the tanks... and we don't have a gen... I think its your sway system and all the liquid weight .. think of it moving as your moving... it would be like having a few cows in your trailer..we also try to dump as often as possible we use parks with sewer and dump before leaving... unless you really need that water and fuel ... why carry along your whole trip .. it cost fuel to carry it.. just fill your fuel tank at the last gas stop before you reach your park that way you have it for your toys but don't carry it.. as far as water ... try the same if you are dry camping... if your in a park with water and electric.. don't carry water.... we had water in our tanks once and noticed some sway but not extreme... speed in driving adds to the mix also... good luck.. hope it helps..

CHRIS-123

yes I am positive on the weights, 4690kg is full of fuel, water, 2 quads in the back, all the gear, everything we take with us normally, only difference is I filled the shower grey tank as it is farther forward to get more tongue weight as I was way below the 10% mark, once I filled that tank full it bumped my tongue weight to 13% and pulled much better. the 3690 is the trailer empty. also I am rated to haul 2300lbs of cargo in the trailer and I am right around that mark from empty to loaded so I cant see how it would be over weight.