BAD TIRES on my Gateway

I purchased a new gateway 3650bh in feb 2015 and am about to take it out for the first time. I tightened the lug nuts on the aluminum wheels and noticed abnormal bulges and indentations in 3 of the 4 tires. I build and race cars for living and know that that is not safe. I would not want to have a sidewall blowout at highway speeds. I have e-mailed my dealer with pictures since they are 200 miles from me and they have yet to respond. I have had several poor quality issues with this coach, some of which the dealer has fixed and the others i have fixed. I would like some idea of what to do with this tires. I do not think i should have to replace them at my cost. This is a brand new coach. Please contact me asap with some answers. Thank you, michael dumas

P

Paul.craven

Re: ATF: Gateway - BAD TIRES

Please send me a message with your name, last six of the VIN, location of purchase and I will put someone in touch with you ASAP.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Michael, it looks like Paul wants to help. Good for HL. But as with cars and trucks, the tires are warrantied by the tire manufacturer not HL. I hope you get a good resolution.

justafordguy

My new 3650 came with junk tires also. My dealer was no help so I ended up buying new tires myself.:p

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Changed out my tires before I even drove it off the lot. Had read all about the BlowMax tires ahead of time.

jerryneal

So wish I had seen this thread. 3500 miles and all 4 separated from Florida to Tennessee. Two blowouts. Left side of road and Immediately went to tire dealer and replaced. Now I need to find fenders that were distroyed from the blowouts.

Bones

I have the blowmax on mine too. I wish I had the other ones. I am oping to get them changed out over the winter time frame maybe spring time.

farside291

For repairs caused by blow outs, wouldn't your comprehensive insurance cover the damage, minus your deductible of course?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
For replacement fenders call Heartland Parts and have your vin ready. Also owners club members get a 10 percent discount. We ordered some in the past, took off the damaged ones and took them to TASCO auto paint and got the paint color matched. Took the new fenders and paint to a body shop where they got painted. We then installed the new ones. Saved lots of money doing it ourselves and the paint matched perfectly.

GregP

Is that an aircraft tire? 225mph, 46000lb+, 30 ply? Maybe that's what we all need.

Tombstonejim

It is indeed an aircraft tire. Off of some kinda large Douglas product. Currently mounted on a tractor. They are great for protection against thorns ect.