Balancing our trailer tires

Dmetcalf

Why doesn’t places like Discount tire or other similar places balance our rv trailer tires ..? I bought 6 new (very expensive) tires for my rv and was told “we don’t balance trailer tires”.

2019_V22

They will if you push them to. I bought my Endurance from the Good-year dealer, and they were reluctant to balance too. I argued that an unbalanced tire suffers the same premature wear as a vehicle tire does. I have now switched to the Centramatic self balancers as part of my greater weight rated axle, and LT tire upgrade.

Bogie

I have always had mine balanced when new. Never had a tire shop say no.

Don't know why your tire shop is balking. Why should they care. You're paying for it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Why doesn’t places like Discount tire or other similar places balance our rv trailer tires ..? I bought 6 new (very expensive) tires for my rv and was told “we don’t balance trailer tires”.
Discount tire balanced mine without asking

rhodies1

Agree with others. I’ve always balanced my tires and never had a shop refuse. You pay for it ,so what’s the difference.

MDH2021

Discount Tires installed Tuson internal TPMS and balanced 6 new Goodyear Endurance tires last fall for us. We just asked them to do both. They didn't have any issues with doing the work.

Dmetcalf

Thanks for all of the replies. I need to go with my recipe and have them balance my tires. Thanks again