Banff, Lake Louise suggestions

360gal

Heading up from Spokane to Banff and Lake Louise. Does anyone have any suggestions for RV parks that can accommodate a Landmark Rushmore? This is a last minute trip/adventure.

hope all that I know in the club are doing well

Diana 360gal

MurrayN.

About an hour south of Banff on the BC side is Radium Valley Vacation Resort at Radium Hot Springs BC. They have drive up sites. We are rv timeshare owners there but don't get there until July this year. I think that it is 4 or 5 star rated . Great place to use as a base to day trip from.

Squirlee

Tunnel Mountain right in Banff can accommodate you but I think it will be difficult getting in there this short notice. Louise has a campground right there that should also be able to accommodate but again vacancy may be a problem.

Mt Kidd in Kananskis is also a good spot but is a fair drive east and south of Banff.

We have stayed at tunnel and Mt Kidd with our 38 ft Oakmont. We will be staying at Louise this July as well.

EDIT - make sure if you go to Tunnel Mountain that you use the road on the east side of town to get in. Much easier than going through town.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Good to see you online Diana! You should join us at a rally sometime.
Enjoy your trip.
Kristy

My wife and I made the trip in the fall off season. A lot of the campgrounds had closed and we where able to dry camp right in the Columbia ice field parking lot for a reasonable fee. It's all ashphalt and has a good slope to it so getting level might require jacks. There was also at least one overflow overnight parking area that was gravel. But that was also closed.
Entering the park and obtaining a park pass you where required to state if you where staying overnight in the park or not.
I kinda liked the parking lot myself. We where right in the heart of the ice fields
I could see it could get crowded a bit depending on the time of year. But it's another option

http://www.banfflakelouise.com/Thing...cier-Adventure

2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with 3.42 gears
I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels. (Pulls great !)
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
6-volt 240 AH batteries
Added dinette
Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US)