Bang!

skiph

We pulled the trigger.

That was me being funny.

Signed the paperwork on NT22RBK yesterday. Will go thru dealer prep end of this week/first of next week then our walk thru.

So far (and it's early yet) the only complaint I have is with the Heartland North Trail brochure: "How can you get any rest, all cramped up in a bed made for kids? North Trail solves this problem with a true 78” bed length." Liar, liar, pants on fire!!

Just sayin...

Anyone with this floor plan ever get a larger mattress? How did you support the extra bit?

skiph

Have my overalls, white gloves, flashlight, camera and creeper ready to go. Day has been blocked off. Nothing else will be on my schedule.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Welcome to the family Skip, now get signed up for the club and bring that new trailer to some rallies!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new NT22RBK!! Like Jim said, a good PDI and having them fix all of the warranty issues you find during that PDI BEFORE you sign and complete the sales transactions will go a long way in making the process much better for you in the end. The dealership has much more motivation to get everything fixed quickly and correctly if the sale is dependent on it.

And like Jay said, please look into joining the Heartland Owners Club once you have actually purchased it and then sign up for some rallies in your neck of the woods. I guarantee you will not regret it.

Rod

skiph

Application and $$ have been submitted. Looking forward to the Rallies.

When it ask, I told it South Central Texas South? As I remember the question. New Braunfels is just outside San Antonio.

For20hunter

Well, now I guess I need to welcome you to the Heartland Owners Club and the Heartland Family too! You are going to meet some incredible like minded people and have the time of your life!

Rod

skiph

Deed is done. Hope to meet you all.

This being a bit new to us (pull behinds and all) we plan on going slow at first. A night here, a night there, kinda thing. Want to stay local (kinda) until we are sure it's settling out well. Rather find out something doesn't work 40 miles from home instead of 400.

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new NT22RBK!! Like Jim said, a good PDI and having them fix all of the warranty issues you find during that PDI BEFORE you sign and complete the sales transactions will go a long way in making the process much better for you in the end. The dealership has much more motivation to get everything fixed quickly and correctly if the sale is dependent on it.

And like Jay said, please look into joining the Heartland Owners Club once you have actually purchased it and then sign up for some rallies in your neck of the woods. I guarantee you will not regret it.

Rod

For20hunter

That sounds like a great plan! If and when you have questions, please reach out to us and post them on the forum and you will get responses from people with decades of RVing experience and have probably had the same or similar issue/question that you are experiencing/having.

Rod

This being a bit new to us (pull behinds and all) we plan on going slow at first. A night here, a night there, kinda thing. Want to stay local (kinda) until we are sure it's settling out well. Rather find out something doesn't work 40 miles from home instead of 400.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Skiph, back to your "backing" thread. With a short TT you really do need to not over correct when backing. A TT will react very fast to small steering wheel movements.

mlpeloquin

26' long. Not so bad to pull, but remember to take corners much wider than you are used to. Pulling forward as much as you can before you start your turn will help in the beginning. You will get a feel for it soon enough. But always think about the extra room needed for turning. Eventually it becomes second nature.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
There are a bunch of us in the South Texas group but it really doesn't matter which one you choose, you're still in Texas! glad to have you Skip and looking forward to seeing you at a rally. Two chapter rallies this spring and the regional rally in Branson. Not to mention the Louisiana, Oklahoma and Missouri chapters this spring also.