Bathroom Backsplash

dennych1

I added this new backsplash in bathroom called smart tile from lowes. Looks better then original paper backsplash

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 372

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We just bought the smart tiles to do the same in our new Key Largo but Mother Nature (ice storms/snow) just isn't cooperating. Where's the warm weather????

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I take it they curved around the corner with no issues? Looks great. Was thinking of doing the same thing.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424830751.801536.jpg

Here's a "side" view of the cut end of the Smart Tile product. It's more like a 3-D sticker, but at a distance gives the appearance of actual glass tiles. Very easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

View attachment 34858

Here's a "side" view of the cut end of the Smart Tile product. It's more like a 3-D sticker, but at a distance gives the appearance of actual glass tiles. Very easy to install.

It does look pretty thin. I will have to look at replacing ours as our paper has had a bubble in it for some time.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I hope to have an article in the next Heartland Highlights showing an install using Smart Tile.

You can also contact them on their website http://www.thesmarttiles.com and get a free 3x3 sample.

2psnapod2

I have seen it in a package at the big box store. Just couldn't put my hands on the side of it to see how thick it was.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We put them up in our kitchen. From a distance it looks like glass.

happykraut

I started a thread (LINK) on 7 JUL 2013 titled '2014 3010RE Stove Backsplash' where I installed the smarttiles in my kitchen and bathroom. Very easy to work with. They can be cut with scissors.

Last edited by a moderator:

akf15e

Thanks for the idea. I can't believe in this gorgeous rig HL put a cheap "cardboard" backsplash that looks so hideous. During our PDI on Tuesday we noticed it was buckled. Dealer offered to repair it, but DW asked about other options, as she hated the backsplash at first sight. So I will remove it and replace with smart tiles as well, which we got at Lowes yesterday.

One question - I read in the link that it took a lot of time and a putty knife and razor blade to get the old one off. Has anyone tried applying some heat to make the process easier? Maybe a hair dryer?

Any other suggestions to make the install easier/more professional looking?

Thanks!

dennych1

Thanks for the idea. I can't believe in this gorgeous rig HL put a cheap "cardboard" backsplash that looks so hideous. During our PDI on Tuesday we noticed it was buckled. Dealer offered to repair it, but DW asked about other options, as she hated the backsplash at first sight. So I will remove it and replace with smart tiles as well, which we got at Lowes yesterday.

One question - I read in the link that it took a lot of time and a putty knife and razor blade to get the old one off. Has anyone tried applying some heat to make the process easier? Maybe a hair dryer?

Any other suggestions to make the install easier/more professional looking?

Thanks!
Taking the backsplash off was easy for me. Just pull slow and easy. Clean the area and rough it up and your good to apply

mmomega

AnyTimer
Ok, I think I may be going to Home Depot or Lowe's tomorrow to see what I can find. I like your idea a lot for the bathroom.

I want to do something in the kitchen also, our KL didn't come with any kind of backsplash.