Bathroom faucet change out

Boozecamp

Not sure why Heartland puts such an inaccessible faucet in the bathroom sink. Has anyone changed it out for one with a spout you can get a hand under? If so, what type/brand? Not looking to spend a lot of money.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We replaced ours with the same brand, Duro, but with a taller arch. Found them on amazon.

Before:
zetu6a4a.jpg

After:
2u3emajy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

We replaced ours with a Peerless Faucet from the home improvement store (Lowes, Home Depot, etc.). If it more or less is like the one pictured in Erika's post, you will be looking for a 4" centerset bathroom faucet (standard terminology). You'll find that a majority of residential bathroom faucets are 4" centersets.

The existing hookups screwed right onto the new faucet.

mikeandconnie

I agree! I think they are cheep trailer faucets.I replaced ours with a taller residential type from lowes and the DW loves it.

Boozecamp

Thanks all! going shopping. I'll be looking for one that has a longer reach on spout, one that I can get more than my index finger under :)

happykraut

I replaced mine with a Pegasus. Pricey, but got in on a closeout at HD. The threaded stems under the sink were shorter than the OEM so I used extensions on the faucet so the PEX lines would reach. They were leaking so plumberdude took them off at the Sweethart Rally and was able to pull on the PEX
hard enough to get it to reach. All OK and then I traded my BC for a BH and re installed it in the BH. Been working great. I'm just bringing this up to warn you ahead of time that you could run into the same problem.

Last edited:

GWRam

Getting rid of the stock bathroom faucets was one of the first things we did. I don't like my hands or toothbrush hitting the back of the sink all the time because the original water flow ran right down the back side of the sink.
I know the new ones are not light weight plastic or synthetic but wife likes them and that is good enough for me.
photo(45).JPGmaster bathphoto(44).JPG 1/2 bath

MTPockets

Getting rid of the stock bathroom faucets was one of the first things we did. I don't like my hands or toothbrush hitting the back of the sink all the time because the original water flow ran right down the back side of the sink.
For the same reason replaced ours with a Delta from ACE Hardware. Original had a 4" reach from center to tip of faucet. Delta we got is 6" reach with a slight upward arch. Installed complete in less than 10 minutes.

Gsxr130

GRAM do you have a link to the faucet you used ?
I also want to change the one in the outside kitchen it's almost unusable.

GWRam

GRAM do you have a link to the faucet you used ?
I also want to change the one in the outside kitchen it's almost unusable.

Here is a link to the faucets I installed in our Master and 1/2bath. Passed the wife test. Kids even commented how the new faucets are more comfortable to use than the original models.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MOEN-Ban...-Bronze-CA84913BRB/202060924?N=5yc1vZc8d3Z3zb

I'm personally not a fan of HD but I price searched and they are $25 less than Moen direct or Amazon.

I have our new faucet for the outdoor kitchen just have not installed it yet. I will upload a photo once installed. It is surprising that Heartland put that little bathroom sink faucet on the large outdoor kitchen sink. I can barely wash my hands with it, much less clean up after outdoor cooking.

ICamel

We replaced the original bathroom faucet and outside kitchen faucet with this one purchased from our local discount membership department store. Paid about $30 each for them. One problem was that the handle closest to the wall in the bathroom was too long and impacted against the wall prior to the full off position. I fixed that by grinding down the length of the composite fake wood handle until it did not hit the wall. Our 3 year old grandson immediately noticed the difference between the two handles and said "grampa, one of the handles is broken" LOL. The faucet is an AquaLife Plus Model 04-340. Both replacements I would rate as very easy to do.

Mr_Black

We have a Sundance 3100RB and the master bathroom sink is fine. The rear bathroom sink is a complete joke. The faucet is mounted in the vanity counter top behind the sink. The neck is so short the water comes out hitting the back of the sink bowl.

It's completely useless. We will be looking for an alternative soon. I'll take a picture of it one of these days.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I replaced that cheap faucet that hugged the back of the sink a couple of months ago with this one from Camping World:

CamperNewBthrmFaucet-IMG_2860.jpg

Cost was around $60.

It was a pita getting my arm in there to change it out (if you don't own a 'plumbers friend' tool...get one), and I had to mess around with the screw on water line coupling a couple of times to get it to not drip . . . but now it works great!

What a big improvement over the original!

Next . . . the kitchen faucet . . . followed by replacing the shower faucet!

One question . . . well, really two questions . . . :p

Will a faucet from Home Depot or Lowe's work in an RV? :confused:

Or is there some special measurements or hose requirements for hookup? :confused::confused:

rjr6150

I replaced that cheap faucet that hugged the back of the sink a couple of months ago with this one from Camping World:

View attachment 31487

Cost was around $60.

It was a pita getting my arm in there to change it out (if you don't own a 'plumbers friend' tool...get one), and I had to mess around with the screw on water line coupling a couple of times to get it to not drip . . . but now it works great!

What a big improvement over the original!

Next . . . the kitchen faucet . . . followed by replacing the shower faucet!

One question . . . well, really two questions . . . :p

Will a faucet from Home Depot or Lowe's work in an RV? :confused:

John all plumbing faucets are standard typically 8" centers for kitchen and 4" centers for lavatory. So yes any of the big box stores will have what you need.

Or is there some special measurements or hose requirements for hookup? :confused::confused:

Might just be easier to take your old faucet with you to purchase any needed adapters.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
JohnD, one thing we discovered, even though the faucet spacing is standard, our kitchen faucet only used two holes in the countertop. Many residential styles require three holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

Replaced mine with a Tuscany from Menards. A direct replacement for hole pattern and water feeds. No tools needed in my case.

Mr_Black

This picture doesn't do justice for how poor the use of this sink is.

Roller4 do you have a model number of the one you used. How long is the neck or reach into the bowl?