Bathroom sink broke loose 2012 (Big Country 3650RL)

jhm21849

My bathroom sink has broken loose from the counter. I found the plastic threaded drain fitting/pop up plug broken just under the counter. Anybody know what the brand is? It is a heavy duty glass bowl that sits on top of the counter. I am travelling in Alaska near Anchorage but my dealer is in Fife, WA.

danemayer

Hi jhm21849,

Sorry about the mishap and I'm sorry I don't know the brand. You might need to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 with your VIN #. They should be able to help.

Were there any preliminary indications that something was wrong?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you can find a plumbing shop or hardware store up there they might have one for you.
A residential drain plug should work.
So tell us, was it the shaking from the rough roads that did your sink in?

Peace
Dave

TedS

Sounds like a vessel bath sink may not be appropriate for an RV. You may need to change to a metal residiential drain to withstand the shaking of road travel.

jhm21849

I do believe the rough Alaska roads caused the pipe to break. That heavy glass bowl may just not be suited for extensive travel. I contacted Heartland but probably won't hear from them until Monday. First indication of trouble was the bowl came loose and nearly fell off onto the floor.
Thanks, everyone.

Jim M.

mikeandconnie

If it helps I have a New Bathroom Faucet for a normal sink you can have for free. It came out of our new rig. Just PM me.

MIke

jhm21849

Internet research has paid off. The Vigo model pop-up sold at Lowes and Home Depot "looks" like a match. I have both stores nearby. That's all I need to get it back in use. I think that the brass model will be a bit more durable than the brass/plastic it came with. Not too expensive either. Thanks!!

Jim