Bathroom Sink Drain

ksucats

Our bathroom sink drains super slow. The stopper does not come up very high - have looked at the bottom and it appears to be on the bottom 'hole' of what I will call the tape - long piece of metal with numerous holes going down it. Have looked at the attachment and I don't see where it can go up to the next higher one and still be able to close, yet it also appears that it is at full open. I'd guess that it raises maybe 1/8th of an inch at best.

Any ideas are most appreciated. (Actually had a neighboring camper come look and his comment was that the sink was too deep for the faucet stopper but had no idea on how to fix it either.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxCowboy

We had the same issue. IIRC, I just bent upward the metal strip with the little holes in it. It raised the sink stopper up about another 1/4 inch which is more than enough to quickly drain the sink.

rjr6150

On the rod which comes us through the faucet there is a nut which one can adjust to all additional movement of the stopper. Look under the sink above the metal piece with holes.

Sent you pm also

rxbristol

I took the seal off the stopper giving it more height. It does not effect the stopper from sealing.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I never fill the sink using the stopper anyway, so I took the stopper out altogether. The drain flows freely and doesn't get gunked up nearly as much. Trace

ksucats

Just noticed that seal today after the water had sat long enough to get VERY cold. So, tonight, assuming we don't get back to the coach too late, I'll take another look at it.

Jeff: My brain is pretty well cooked these days but I'm wondering how bending that holey tape will open the stopper more. Seems that I need to lengthen it.

Randy - sent you a PM reply.

Appreciate everyone's comments and help. New Coach bugs - just trying to get them ironed out as we find them.

GETnBYE

We are having the same issue. I'm hoping we can find a longer bar with the holes to raise it up one notch.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We are having the same issue. I'm hoping we can find a longer bar with the holes to raise it up one notch.

Longer bar or not....range of movement is limited within the compression nut holding the stopper rod.
Remove the gasket from the stopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GETnBYE

Longer bar or not....range of movement is limited within the compression nut holding the stopper rod.
Remove the gasket from the stopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removed gasket and all is draining freely. Thanks

stesmi52

Shouldn't have to remove the seal. A previous link mentioned turning the drain plug 180 degrees. That's what I had to do as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk