Bathroom Sink

I'm needing some advice, still in my first year as a owner... I have a 2012 Heartland Big Country 3595re. The bath room sink is leaking around the drain in the base of this "sit on top of the counter" sink. I have never dealt with one of these type sinks. Are the drain lines on it the same size as a house bathroom sink? I plan on taking it out and resealing it, but was wondering what fittings might be available locally. I live at the end of the road to nowhere...the nearest place to get basic household plumbing fittings is the next town and that is only basic stuff. The nearest well stocked place is about an hour. I would like to know what I may be looking at before I take it apart... Thanks to all for your help in the past on two other problems solved!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you will have a problem locating parts. Most likely what you need is a rubber gasket or just some plumbers putty.
Take it apart and replace what you think needs replacing.
I've replaced my entire vessel sink.
Residential sink was the same as the RV sink.

Peace
Dave

CoveredWagon

I'm with cookie. Remove the sink, apply a very generous bead of plumbers putty, replace the sink, tighten it down so it sqeezes the putty out, the cut,out the excess and you should be good to go,for the life of the sink.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hercules 25-101 Sta Putty is what want, cost you a couple of bucks at any plumbing supply or hardware store close to you. Easy to work with

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

My thanks to all for the advice! The problem turned out to be a tailshaft, it was broken. I found a pop-up drain at Lowe's and it fit right in. Momma is happy with the sink now! I also rebuilt the toilet as it wasn't holding water and Momma said she could smell it. Replaced the flush ball and all the seals also replaced the water valve while I had it out. Even with silicon plumbers grease on the flush ball seals I couldn't get it to quit leaking, slowed way down though. I replaced the toilet, now Momma is happy again.